One thing I like about contacts is that in the phone number field, all the numbers are automatically in symbol mode, so you don't need to press the symbol key to get the numbers or + etc.

It would be great if this was a default thing such that if an input in an app is specified to be a number, that happens automagically. There have been a few occasions where the 3 row keypad is annoying because I have to hold the sym key and type a long number.

Maybe there is a sym-lock too - I'll look for that as well

Ben

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by benh_n900 View Post
Maybe there is a sym-lock too - I'll look for that as well
If you press the Sym key twice then it locks, pressing it again will release the lock.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
if text box is used to input plain numbers (and + for example) there is no reason that one could type there anything else except numbers and special marks needed. I guess this can be configured within every program because I've seen quite a lot apps that work straight with numbers without pressing blue arrow up.

and Rob1n, I suppose you meant that pressing blue arrow pointing to NE two times toggles the lock?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
I guess this can be configured within every program because I've seen quite a lot apps that work straight with numbers without pressing blue arrow up.
Yeah, these are GTK Input Modes set by the code developer for a specific text input field.

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post: