Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
This is a good idea!
Thanks. I think I first proposed it over a year ago.

Is it possible somehow to see whole discussion thread in one web page? For me, at least, sometimes some busy thread can have several pages and rather than read it through page by page, I would take all articles at once and then search (grep) through the key words I am interested in. (And not ending of asking or talking something already talked again.)

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I think I've complained about slowness of these Brainstorm proposals before, but it didn't help. As Texrat mentioned, he made a great proposal a year ago, and I can think of at least one I made a while back.

So, we don't know what the right answer is -- isn't experimentation permitted? Does the Pope have to signify that the decision is infallible? Can't something just be tried? (When I begged that another thing be tried -- foreign language forums -- I was spurned though on bended knees, and my hat was thrown into a nearby garbage pit.)

Originally Posted by Mandor View Post
"Rate thread" is already implemented.
Isn't it a different thing though, than to rate thread based on how many thanks in total people have given there?

I usually thank only if I get something new information which I can use, and where is not too much disinformation or speculation.
However, I have never rated the thread (those stars).

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Okay, I see that this thread has been sleeping for a week now, but SOMETHING has to be done, and quickly.

Although I'm not an old member, T.M.O is becoming very annoying: every week there are tens of new threads about the same over-discucced topics. I don't mind seeing a thread called "N900 disappointing", or something about the next FW upgrade, BUT it is annoying that every day someone (or multiple individuals) come up with the same!

First, why aren't these threads merged immediately?
I could point you to at least 10 threads about PR 1.2, or the n900 disappointing, or selling my n900, or anything like that.

But I can hardly find those I'm interested in.
Seriously, everytime I have to check my profile and my last posts to find the threads where I asked or wrote something.

The Following User Says Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Just another idea:

What if new mebmes on the forum were disallowed to create new threads?
Only members with at least 50 or so posts or with 20 or so thanks's could post new threads.

While this would not be a problem for people who want to be part of the community, it would force new members to search for other threads to post their problems, and therefore they wouldn't be able to spam the "active threads" section.

The Following User Says Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post: