Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
the g1 is outdated and it is android at its worst.
From experience it does have one major thing in common with the N900 - appalling battery life. That's why I got rid of my G1, and the N900 spends most of its time in a drawer as a curiosity gathering dust. Much as liked playing with the N900 I now use a Milestone (which is solid for a full day) as my all in one comms device. The N900 might be the best geek toy in the world, but the tiny battery just cripples it. A mobile device is no good to me if I can't trust it away from a power source for more than half a day.

Last edited by Northerner; 2010-04-22 at 23:29.

Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
From experience it does have one major thing in common with the N900 - appalling battery life. That's why I got rid of my G1 and the N900 spends most of its time in a drawer as a curiosity gathering dust, and why I now use a Milestone (which is solid for a full day) as my all in one comms device . The N900 might be the best geek toy in the world, but the tiny battery just cripples it. A mobile device is no good to me if I can't trust it away from a power source for more than half a day.
True, but with a spare battery in your bag that should not be a problem. I have 2 spare battery in my bag.

2 Spare original battery from Nuron :-)

Originally Posted by tirtawn View Post
True, but with a spare battery in your bag that should not be a problem. I have 2 spare battery in my bag.

2 Spare original battery from Nuron :-)
2 batteries to carry, 3 batteries to charge, and a bag to carry them all in. Hardly convenient is it. Don't need any of that (or a man-bag) with the Milestone.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
My battery eye program shows me getting more than 12 hours and I've been using my N900 obsessively. I'm overclocking to up to 805mHz and using the ulv settings given over in the Overclocking wiki. If you didn't want to overclock, you could easily set the mHz lower.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
2 batteries to carry, 3 batteries to charge, and a bag to carry them all in. Hardly convenient is it. Don't need any of that (or a man-bag) with the Milestone.
You forgot to count in the long extension cord that needs to reach to your home electrical system.

Oh, if you aren't going to count that, why count all three batteries and the bag? You only need to carry one extra battery in your pocket and leave the other batteries at home, hopefully charging one. You can put some batteries in a bag if you want, or perhaps a safe or armored car.

I don't use a spare battery. I just carry my usb charger with me. My phone does a good 9-5 and then i have to charge it for my late night campus binge

The Following User Says Thank You to nosa101 For This Useful Post:
>> Why did you choose it over the plethora of other devices on the market? What made it stand out for you?

Flash support and internet browsing tablet, as in the ability to access all content on the web as if you were on the desktop WITHOUT needing to use mobile versions of a website.