Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
With no previous confirmation or timeline for the release of MeeGo devices from Nokia, this is the first indication of an actual product. When reached for comment, a Nokia spokesperson stated the company "expects to achieve our product milestone for our first MeeGo device by the end of this year." Could we be looking forward to the successor to the N900?
http://www.pocketables.net/2010/05/i...-year-end.html

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
The Nokia N900 successor has been announced to be an OMAP3 based device. The Intel device is something different, most probably the Aava phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
http://www.pocketables.net/2010/05/i...-year-end.html
They're mixing up between Nokia and Intel... Intel has their own MeeGo devices with their own Ui and their own CPUs.. Nokia will be using different CPUs (Most likely ARM) and different UI...

This has been said here many times, there was a thread with the same title as yours too..

Last edited by bandora; 2010-05-06 at 18:00.

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ York, Pa., USA
I was hoping for the OMAP4,1 Ghz, dual core, 12 mega pixel, hardware bump. Shouldn't the next n900 be moving forwrd in terms of hardware?

Originally Posted by lorul2 View Post
I was hoping for the OMAP4,1 Ghz, dual core, 12 mega pixel, hardware bump. Shouldn't the next n900 be moving forwrd in terms of hardware?
OMAP4 isn't much beyond the sampling stages yet. They're just now getting out the development platforms (OMAP Blaze) out in number, and almost entirely to companies that want to put the chip into production devices (I'd be shocked if Nokia didn't already have some,) but such devices are at least a year, if not two, out.

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 237 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Helsinki
What's the power consumption of OMAP4 vs a shrunk OMAP3 anyway? The N900 is fast enough for my purposes. What I really want from the next device is more battery life.