Notices

Update:

Okay, with EasyDebian, I've managed to get CUPS running and physical printing working via a network printer. In Fennec, I have a bookmark that executes the print command via JavaScript. Problem is that Fennec does not see my EasyDebian CUPS printer when the print dialogue comes up. On the other hand, Ice Weasel/ Desktop Firefox DOES see my CUPS printer.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get Fennec to see CUPS?

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by hordeman View Post
Update:

Okay, with EasyDebian, I've managed to get CUPS running and physical printing working via a network printer. In Fennec, I have a bookmark that executes the print command via JavaScript. Problem is that Fennec does not see my EasyDebian CUPS printer when the print dialogue comes up. On the other hand, Ice Weasel/ Desktop Firefox DOES see my CUPS printer.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get Fennec to see CUPS?
You might want to look @ http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...highlight=cups

Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
You might want to look @ http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...highlight=cups
Which message do you recommend I look at? Looks like they are trying to get CUPS running which I already have done. I can successfully print from it with Debian apps, but Fennec itself does not see any printers. Thanks in advance!

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
In that thread they're working on getting cups (and more) actually running in Maemo, not via Easy Debian, which has many advantages of course. Mace's work looks very promising but I haven't had the chance to try it so I can't be much help yet.
Registered Linux user #266531.

Got it. Also, it looks like it is running on the N900. I'm doing this from the N810. In any case, outside of Fennec, CUPS running beautifully (if not just a tad it slower.)