Active Topics

I have found a serious bug.
Alarmclock and Calendar alarms became silent, no vibration, no sound. The active profile is "Normal". Incoming phone calls alarm normally.

I was late one hour from work yesterday when I overslept. After I woke up from phone call, I still can see the alarmclock's alarm on the display waiting to be either snoozed or stopped. Also another calendar alarm with later time becomes front when the alarm clock's alarm is stopped. The calendar alarm is silent also.

I haven't rebooted now. The bug still manifests. If I create a new alarm, when it triggers it is silent.

Before I reboot, which will likely fix the issue, what information could I gather from the system to debug the issue better, so this serious bug can be fixed?
Or is this a known bug?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
what firmware u running etc?!?!

check to see that if u have set a custom alarm tone that the file hasnt been moved/ deleted, or even the default tone, or your speakers could be broken. only thing , still doesnt explain the lack of vibrate.... that could b also broken unless it still works in calls etc... try a reflash if all else fails

Nokia-N900-42-11:~# uname -a
Linux Nokia-N900-42-11 2.6.28-omap1 #1 PREEMPT Thu Dec 17 09:40:52 EET 2009 armv7l unknown

PR 1.1

For the alarm clock, I haven't changed the default alarm sound (1).

And incoming phone calls vibrate and alarm normally still.

Last edited by zimon; 2010-05-26 at 09:58.

For the situations like this, there would be good if somehow the whole device state could be dumbed to SD-card for example.
So even after I (soon) reboot, I could transfer this state to debuging N900 later so the serious bug could be fixed.

That kind of state-dump could be used also to hibernate the device, for a battery change for example.

I am not looking right now a round way to fix the bug, but find a reason for it. If it is a previously unreported bug, very likely this will be still in PR 1.2 also.

Millions of people rely on the alarm clock on their phone. I've also done it for years. This is the first time phone's alarm clock fails on me. Usually in Nokia phones it works even if battery is dead and phone is shut down.

I managed to get the bug to go hiding:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=685288&postcount=8

So switching to another "activity" with ActMan made alarms in alarmclock and calendar working again. I do not know what ActMan did to make a bug away, or how the bug in the first place triggered.
I hadn't used ActMan for anything last few weeks.