Active Topics

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Europe
Hi guys,

Not sure if you can help. My brand new N900, which I received 1 week ago, and has worked perfectly for 6.8 days, no is not so perfect anymore. I have been using 1.2 for most of that period, works perfectly as well.

However, curiosity killed the cat, and I was curious to see if that neat download easydebian would indeed allow me to use openoffice.

I went to install it, it worked for a while, downloading, then unpacking, then all was fine.

However, none of the app icons related to this install function. Worse, is that I cannot save a single thing on my phone anymore. I cannot save images, I cannot edit names of files, every time the device needs to save something, i get a message saving is not allowed, or read only. Some apps just quit when needing to save, like the camera. I think the easydebian install somehow wreaked havoc on my permissions.

Now, since I am pretty much a noob here, is there any way for me to fix this, outside of having to do a fresh install (and even that I would have to figure out still)

Any advice is much appreciated.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Something called "reboot" may fix your problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Europe
Well, I rebooted several times, no changes. After I had removed the battery as well it did work. Is this something I can expect to happen more often?