Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
My screen won't turn off fully - it just dims after the timeout specified in display settings has elapsed. It does turn off (but not lock) after a few minutes, so I have to manually lock it all the time now. Anyone have any idea what I did to cause this? I tried changing all the TKLOCK related stuff back to the defaults in mce.ini but that hasn't fixed it yet. What's the default for blankImmediately and DimImmediately?

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2010-06-14 at 23:10.

well, i restored a default mce.ini and uninstalled a bunch of apps and it's still not working. pretty annoying.

using the backup tool to restore settings and apps to june 1st fixed it, i guess i should take more frequent backups
anyways i'll post here again if i ever figure out what caused this.

it happened again tonight, about all i can figure out is restoring the settings to a previous backup fixes it.
I think it's this setting in particular:
display_blank_timeout
something is setting it to "300" - working backups are missing this setting completely.
I'm doing another backup and going to adjust that right after to see if that is the culprit for sure.

-edit-

nope, it does actually lock after the 5 minutes. i have no idea what software is changing the default of "3" to "300" however.
most likely my original problem is that it messed with the setting "inhibit_blank_mode" as well, setting it to "4"

simple brightness applet doesn't seem to be messing with this, which is somewhat surprising.

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2010-06-16 at 05:59.