Active Topics

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Anyone else got the email about the N900 survey in London from Kadence?
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

nope, what was it for?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Did I get it? Yes.
Did I answer it? No. The email's tone pissed me off so I signed into My Nokia just to delete my account.

@qwerty12 - Understood but possibly a slight over reaction!?

@Cue it's just a couple of questions where you put in your postcode, and if it's close to wherever they're doing the survey they say they will be in touch for a face to face interview. To be honest I didn't have much interest, and they're only offering £50 "for your troubles" which didn't really interest me either... Basically nosiness that got me interested!
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post
@qwerty12 - Understood but possibly a slight over reaction!?
I only signed up in the first place to get access to the Ovi Store. Had I known then that you could make the Application Manager show stuff from the Ovi Store repository, I wouldn't've bothered.

Had I not signed up then, I'd certainly would be signed up now thanks to Nokia's tactics with PR 1.2.

Also, the fact that I filled out an approx. 10-page survey not long ago doesn't really make me feel like completing another one

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Apparently the interviews are tonight and tomorrow night (wednesday 23rd and thursday 24th June) in London, Tottenham Court Road area. I declined the offer to go along but am kind of interested in what they discuss. They are offering £50 (not worth it for the time) - but i was interested they might be unveiling some new tech and trying it out.

Would be good to hear from anyone that goes.