Active Topics

Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
Yeah, that is the more elegant way.
But madde always looks for the libsomething.so, so it doesn't give a damn about the *.so.0, nor *.so.0.0.0 files.
Rename the symlink.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
First post updated to show steps
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post

Eventually I gave up at this point - and decided to cheat.

tl;dr: Copied the telepathy-qt4 headers and libraries from scratchbox into the Nokia SDK fremantle directories. Now my code that uses telepathy-qt4 compiles for maemo5 and the binary runs flawlessly on the n900.

PS: In my pro file I had to add

unix {
INCLUDEPATH += /usr/include/telepathy-1.0
LIBS += -ltelepathy-qt4
}

to get it to compile for Linux and for Maemo.
Edit: These are the steps I took for my Win7 dev vm.

1. Copy
Source: /scratchbox/users/$USERNAME/targets/FREMANTLE_ARMEL/usr/lib
Destination: C:\NokiaQtSDK\Maemo\4.6.2\sysroots\fremantle-arm-sysroot-10.2010.19-1-slim\usr\lib\
File: libtelepathy-qt4.a

2. Copy
Within directory: C:\NokiaQtSDK\Maemo\4.6.2\sysroots\fremantle-arm-sysroot-10.2010.19-1-slim\usr\lib\
libtelepathy-qt4.so.0 to libtelepathy-qt4.so

3. Copy
Source: /scratchbox/users/$USERNAME/targets/FREMANTLE_ARMEL/usr/include
Destination: C:\NokiaQtSDK\Maemo\4.6.2\sysroots\fremantle-arm-sysroot-10.2010.19-1-slim\usr\include
Directory: TelepathyQt4
Instead of installing scratchbox to copy the libs to MADDE you can download the individual .deb's from the scratchbox installation repositories. Example:

$ wget --mirror --no-parent --no-host-directories --cut-dirs=5 --accept *armel.deb -e robots=off http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...telepathy-qt4/
$ cd telepathy-qt4
$ for i in *.deb; do dpkg-deb --extract $i `echo -n $i | sed 's/.deb//'`; done

So for telepathy:

$ cp ./libtelepathy-qt4-0_0.2.0-1maemo5_armel/usr/lib/libtelepathy-qt4.so.0* /home/user/NokiaQtSDK/Maemo/4.6.2/sysroots/fremantle-arm-sysroot-1030-slim/usr/lib/.

I question if it is wise to use the headers from the local QT telepathy installation on the local workstation so you "might" consider using the headers from the .deb's as well and then adding it to your INCLUDEPATH of the .pro:

$ cp ./libtelepathy-qt4-dev_0.2.0-2maemo5_armel/usr/lib/libtelepathy-qt4.a /home/user/NokiaQtSDK/Maemo/4.6.2/sysroots/fremantle-arm-sysroot-1030-slim/usr/lib/.

The Following User Says Thank You to cyphunk For This Useful Post: