Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
Originally Posted by mthmob View Post
In that case, lets start 5k new threads about each android game on this maemo forum...

Dont you think it would have been more appropiate to create a thread titled something like "Run Android games on your n900!"

Creating a thread for a game that needs an entirely diffrent OS is.. a little pointless.. not to meantion you had me all excited for nothing..
Your point would be valid if i actually opened more than one thread, did i? Consider this thread a proof of concept that android games actually work.

What did you get excited for? The first thing you see when you open the thread is that you need froyo to run it. Maybe i got you excited for 2 seconds before entring the thread, I thought it's worth gettting excited as these games are running on N900, and games are what this device lacks the most.

Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
Your point would be valid if i actually opened more than one thread, did i? Consider this thread a proof of concept that android games actually work.

What did you get excited for? The first thing you see when you open the thread is that you need froyo to run it. Maybe i got you excited for 2 seconds before entring the thread, I thought it's worth gettting excited as these games are running on N900, and games are what this device lacks the most.
To be fair I think his point was this is Maemo forum so things posted as software for a Maemo OS. I think it'd do much better to rename title as suggest, would mean people interested in more than Tower Defence would be available.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IzzehO For This Useful Post:
Posts: 204 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Rochdale UK
Droid isnt anywhere near ready to use as something people can rely on - a lot of people dont know on here what is, what to do, i don't think advertising a game in here without background knowledge of the hour they will spend getting there n900 to work on droid os is a great idea.

Keep droid development and news to the alternative OS forum - a lot of users will see this and start hacking away at something they don't know enough about and then we end up with all the how i bricked my n900 threads =/

Not everyone on here is clueless to this game you have posted meaning dual booting the 900 and flashing to something that doesn't let you use your phone as a phone anymore.

Please follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/marcdixon

The Following User Says Thank You to marcdxn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
I guess this thread could use some title change, and maybe move it to alternatives forum. Sorry for any disappointments caused by this thread.

Good luck everyone.

I guess this thread could use some title change, and maybe move it to alternatives forum. Sorry for any disappointments caused by this thread.

Good luck everyone.

I will create a new thread for these: Working Games for NITDroid since there is no specific thread for the Nitdroid games yet

3d games like Asphalt 5 are terribly slow as the DSP isn't supported yet. But games like Tower defense, Cake mania, assassins creed, Bubble defence 2, Guitar Hero work flawlessly.

Anyway dj_steeve and e-yes are working on DSP support, all games will work fast and flawless by then.
Is it also possible that the android emulators are working also? As they have a gba emulator working at full speed o.o

i have nitdroid working but how do i install the game.
what is xterm command to copy the file from MyDocs to the /system folder.
cuase if i go
cd /system there is no such folder.
thanks

My Blog