Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
When I send a message, i hear a beep, like send it to my N900. it shows 10new messages, with my nickname. When i try to open, i get an error. Chat room creation failed. How can I fix this?

OK, I will try to explain it better. When I am having a conversation over Skype IM, on my PC, and my N900 is online, I get sound notifications that I received a message when I send one to somebody. Also if go online after being offline I get blast of skype messages from myself and others. I don't have myself in contacts, and I have no idea how to fix this, please help

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Thread moved to Applications.

It seems to be related to the way Skype handles it's messages; it happens to me whenever I'm logged into more than one computer/device at once. I'd say it's normal behavior.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
yes, its annoying...... BUT what ya gonna do?

You know getting old messages is no prob, it fills the history, so you know where you left off. But why nokia is making new thread containing only my own messages, and even worse, is the error when you try to access them. So as I understand there is no fix for this, thanks anyway.

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
I get the message beep when online (and chatting) on both N900 and another computer. I never get chatroom error though.

This behaviour has been discussed in a previous thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=682137

The problem lies in the fact that you are the last person to send an IM from the computer client and it is specific to the newer firmware PR1.2.

For more details see the filed bug report:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10319
Lets hope it will get fixed on the next update.

A workaround, but not really a solution, is to open the conversation from Conversations->New IM->"The contact the you had the conversation with" and send a last message from the N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to lotos For This Useful Post: