Active Topics

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
I have no idea why it appeard. It looks like it try to find wlan.. but i am at work and run on 3g. I am not aware of running any process that makes it look for it. It depleats my battery fast.

Migt be best to flash?
Attached Files
File Type: txt dmesg-log.txt.txt (6.3 KB, 137 views)
File Type: txt syslog.txt (16.2 KB, 114 views)

Last edited by AlMehdi; 2010-07-23 at 14:03.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
I think it always scans for WLAN - presumably your search interval (in Settings/Internet connections) is set to 10 minutes? That allows it to immediately offer the list of available connections when required, rather than delaying in order to do a scan.

EDIT: Oh, and do you have it set to auto-switch to WLAN when available?

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
I think it always scans for WLAN - presumably your search interval (in Settings/Internet connections) is set to 10 minutes? That allows it to immediately offer the list of available connections when required, rather than delaying in order to do a scan.
I have it set to 30min. But this happens every minute so it can't be that. Normally my dmesg is pretty much empty of that message.

Edit: Yes, and that shall look for it every 30 min.

Might be some runaway process. If you want to investigate, try lsof? (Is there lsof for the tablet?) If you just want to stop it, try rebooting.

I have rebooted and the wlan thing doesn't show. Maybe i imagined something. I need to wait little until i know if the reboot stoped the battery drain.. doesn't look like it though.