Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
As Nokia World 2010 is coming to a close, how about we all round up our thoughts and feelings about the event?

We're going to be bombarded (hopefully) by bloggers' video material and hands-on reviews quite soon, but what about we share some thoughts raised by what we know so far?

I personally feel that Nokia really has turned a new leaf. Well, the most important is still missing (MeeGo), but In terms of Symbian. I've really started to believe, that perhaps S^3 is a viable smartphone platform, although only getting my own hands on with the OS can I decide this for sure. I think we all can agree that the physical form factors coming out of NW2010 really look promising and the way they should.

What do you guys think?

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by ericj23 View Post
Looks like that mystery phone everyone thought was the n9 is actually the latest e series phone
Those were my thoughts exactly, but have another look at the "N9" photos!

Thanks to the Maemo Fanatics for that pic.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Turin, Italy
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
As Nokia World 2010 is coming to a close, how about we all round up our thoughts and feelings about the event?

What do you guys think?
I am very satisfied about what they showed in this Nokia World. Symbian is a very important OS. It sells more than IOS and Android together. But yes... it was getting too old. Symbian 3 is new enough but it still allows old users to easily start interacting with it. And those three new models are so beautiful and with so interesting specs.

About day two, I love Nokia's efforts and business ideas about developing world. Of course, it's mainly business. But I truely believe that mobile phones can give Internet access and email and opportunites to those places where people can't afford a PC.

Of course, I am a N900 lover and I feel some envy about all the applications available for Symbian on OVI store. I hope QT will help to bring more applications to Maemo/MeeGo.

And of course, I miss big news about N9. I don't like so much the idea to wait untill mid November. But I think that Nokia must take all the necessary time to create an amazing product. N9 will be the mobile computer that will have to conquer American hearts too. People will have to think that upgrading to N9 will be amazingly cool. It's not so easy to create such a product in such a competitive high-end market. Some months delay can be necessary.

Last edited by elris; 2010-09-15 at 15:24.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
dual led flash with HTC.... There can only be 3 letters that describe it best compared to N8 : lol

and 640 resolution is double compared to e73 etc... If it isn't enough, don't buy new nokians. Increased resolution = more cpu cycles = shorter battery life. Symbian probably stays below 800x480 at least a while and meego devices will have the biggest resolutions available.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
HTC's offerings are pretty damn nice. 4.3 inch screen on the Desire HD, basically the HTC EVO 4G with GSM radios... and the Desire Z with a pretty nice keyboard. Dual LED flash on the Desire HD, single LED flash on the Desire Z.

What I didn't know until this morning... the Nokia E7 has only a 640 x 360 4 inch screen. Now that's just plain a notch or two behind damn near everybody else. Lame.
I prefer hardware keyboard, so I would comment HTC Desire Z. For me it has 2 main disadvantages, the first one is only 1,5 GB internal memory and the second is no support for 3G 900. Another thing, 1 year younger phone, compared to N900, and we have only 800 MHz CPU. So, probably this model won't see upgrade to Android 3.0.

Originally Posted by cjp View Post
Those were my thoughts exactly, but have another look at the "N9" photos!
The key differences between E7
  • Menu key launcher on screen
  • N9 logo next to keyboard
  • No Hardware button unlike the one found on E7
Attached Images