Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by weißelstone View Post
I get a private IP (10.X.X.X), these one's are not accessible from outside the ISP's network.
Hmm.. I wonder, do you have another friend on Voda that has a browser? Would love to know if someone on the same service can use that 10.X.X.X IP to access your phone from his. Could be good for phone-to-phone transfers when wifi isn't an option. (eg, older pre-wifi phones.)

does anyone experienced a problem after purchasing mobilewebserver? when I tried to install it. it gave me an error "unable to download mobilewebserver package could not be found", tried rebooting the phone and same thing happens. I was able to download some apps in the ovi store so I am assuming it's the software itself. I have sent message to ovi store already but if you know a solution, i'll appreciate it. thanks!

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
or use web2py framework it has an embedded webserver to and sqlite database as default backend not tested on n900 but very simple to setup in linux and should be no peoblem to install on n900 I guess

http://www.web2py.org

Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
Wouldn't it be dead simple to just get Apache in the repositories, then maybe something like webmin to configure it. Then we could get the 'gallery2' ported and then you'd have the same thing.

We do already have lighthttpd. Probably better than running full-fledged apache, but it makes me wonder what backend this ovi package is using.

slaapliedje

Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by fergusso View Post
does anyone experienced a problem after purchasing mobilewebserver? when I tried to install it. it gave me an error "unable to download mobilewebserver package could not be found", tried rebooting the phone and same thing happens. I was able to download some apps in the ovi store so I am assuming it's the software itself. I have sent message to ovi store already but if you know a solution, i'll appreciate it. thanks!
There is some issue on OVI.
I talked to the developer, I sent him my recipie number as a verification for my purchase and hi sent me back the .deb for installation.

But I think demo works to download atleast.