Active Topics

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
I think all is answered by following nicolai's link and the dbus-python tutorial. According to the Data Types section, dbus.Dictionary is a sub-class of dict.

Remove the '*' from '*arg' and arg should just be a dbus.Dictionary.
I still don't understand exactly how to access the dictionary variable. Is a dbus.dictionary variable the same as a regular dictionary variable?

I have been playing around with my handle_presence function (here's what it looks like). Can you give me a little more help to get this to work?:

Code:
def handle_presence(dictionary):
	print type(dictionary)
	print dictionary.keys()
	for x in dictionary.keys():
		print x
		print type(dictionary[x])
		print dictionary[x]
	print "status changed"
I really appreciate your help.

I ended up getting it to work by using the db2p function at the bottom of this page: http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wik...rial%20Example

Then I searched for a particular string in the message (that I set).

I feel like there should be an easier / cleaner way to do this, but what I did worked for me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xur17 For This Useful Post:
Does anyone know how to send a message to a user via a dbus command? It appears that I need to create a channel first, but I am at a loss on how to do this.

This is what I have so far, but I am stuck after that:

Code:
bus = dbus.SessionBus()
account = bus.get_object('org.freedesktop.Telepathy.AccountManager', '/org/freedesktop/Telepathy/Connection/theonering/gv/username_40gmail_2ecom/channel6')
Do I need to do something like this?:

Code:
account.Set('org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.Interface.Messages', 'Send', dbus.Struct(( dbus.UInt32(0) ,  presence_text,  ""), signature='uss'), dbus_interface='org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties')
I am trying to use the example at the bottom of this page, but I am not sure how to adapt it to actually send a message to a user:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Adventures_with_D-Bus

Last edited by xur17; 2010-10-09 at 19:59.