Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
While I doubt that this is real and/or not coming out 'Q1 of 2011' it still has lustworthy specs which makes it fine fodder for fertile fantasies.

• 4.3-inch SAMOLED2 display at 1280x720 and 340 dpi
  • 2 GHz CPU
  • 1 GB RAM, 4 GB ROM, 32 GB storage with microSD slot for cards up to 32 GB
  • 8 MP camera with full HD video recording
  • Bluetooth 3.0, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, A-GPS
  • Accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity and all the other Android standards
  • Running Android 3.0

As these phones get so powerful, i would much rather have something like meego and like a dock hooked to a kvm. This is as powerful as a netbook.

The Following User Says Thank You to quipper8 For This Useful Post:
Considering Samsung's current stand, its fair to say that is a false rumour.... but I'd like to be proven wrong.

If anything it will be a Galaxy S with a different external case/hardware and the screen size pumped to 5" or 4.3" from the 3.3/3.7/4" SAMOLED's.

And if Samsung really has the power to mass produce those into a device I'm pretty sure they would've (or should've) applied it to the Galaxy Tab. I mean 720p screen, SAMOLED screen, 1GB RAM ... those are much more useful in a tablet than on a smartphone.

Hell, if they allowed the phone function and maybe increased screen size slightly, Darth Jobs would have nothing to complain about!

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Montevideo
No hardware keyboard, and with such specs battery life should be bad. But if is not could be an interesting alternative.

Seems very unlikely but would be great if true. Would be nicer if 5 inches though. There are already enough 4 to 4.3 inch devices and only one 5 inch one.

Saw that quite a while ago along with the Android 3.0 rumors. Basicly copied the rumored minimum specs for android 3.0 and tada: new phone rumors

I personally dont think its true. 2ghz speeds are a bit unrealistic (the announced Samsung Orion cortex A9 is 1ghz I think) and 720p seems unlogical for a smartphone (unless you're nokia ofcourse with its 360p resolution). Think they would adopt the iphone 4 resolution for a bit more workspace in height en width.