Active Topics

Originally Posted by Ele-Mental View Post
Do you really think Meego stands a chance once Nitdroid gets sorted?
If Gingerbread works on the N900 as good as Android has been ported to the HTC HD2 or even the HTC Touch PRO .... then no, MeeGo doesn't stand a chance on the N900.

But the more intriguing question is, how will a decent WP7/RIM/Palm device stack up to the first MeeGo device?

(If they are better than the MeeGo, then NOKIA is in a lot of trouble, its their fault and they've lost my support.
If they are equal, I will give NOKIA a last chance.
If they're better than those phones, I will give them props up and hold onto my cash until they are equal to Apple/Android "experience quality".)

Last edited by Kangal; 2011-01-29 at 07:08.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by m0da View Post
At least they call that a "bug" now.

I thought that was a "feature" in maemo.
Well, doesn't it bug you that there's no UI for the N900 until 1.3?

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
@Stskeeps

Just want to say thats it's a always a pleasure for me to read your posts about Meego development progress. I'm personally very curious about all sort of that stuff. Well explained, clear and plausible infos like your posts are not often available at this forum these days. FUD seem to be the standard today. So, Thumbs up...

Last edited by sbock; 2011-01-29 at 11:43.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sbock For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
If Gingerbread works on the N900 as good as Android has been ported to the HTC HD2 or even the HTC Touch PRO .... then no, MeeGo doesn't stand a chance on the N900.

But the more intriguing question is, how will a decent WP7/RIM/Palm device stack up to the first MeeGo device?

(If they are better than the MeeGo, then NOKIA is in a lot of trouble, its their fault and they've lost my support.
If they are equal, I will give NOKIA a last chance.
If they're better than those phones, I will give them props up and hold onto my cash until they are equal to Apple/Android "experience quality".)
Android blablablabla. People should stop trolling how fantastic Android is. People has differeent choices not alll llike overhyped Android.

And the bashing about no UI in n900 is so damn stupid. Every developer knows that stuff breaks and my guess is its up and running next week again.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-01-29 at 12:06.

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ New York City
Android is kind of overrated, if you really look into it. Thats why we want meego, which aims to be more open for agressive development.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to anwar71839 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Android is a nice proof of concept, like shr, windoze, (& ubuntu, fedore etc.) and for that matter, meego on the N900.
All of these, despite the fantastic efforts and accomplishments by the devs who continue to work on these (props guys!) have one thing in common: Not "fully" usable (in the context of maemo) on the N900 thanks to specific closed components by Nokia.
All of them bring different and interesting capabilities and offer testament to the skills of the devs who port them and the combination of hardware on the n900 that makes this possible to have them installed as alternative OS's at the same time.

While eager to try Meego on the N900 (again), I will be more than happy to keep using it with maemo and see what the "real thing" is like when it's actually released on a commercially supported platform that will (hopefully) include better hardware specs designed to provide optimum functionality and usability, not wait for nirvana on a platform that is only being used as a reference device.....
After all, just because the shoe fits, doesn't mean it's fit for purpose. I can run ubuntu on a 386, but that doesn't make for an enjoyable experience.
just my 2 cents......

The Following User Says Thank You to onethreealpha For This Useful Post:

Tags
fudfest, step 5 of 1000, wontfix