Active Topics

Hi all,

I am not aware if this is public knowledge or not, but Three have charged me at a rate of about £2/MB since I exceeded my 2GB monthly data allowance.

I am wondering if its a good time to change networks now. Is there any network which has reasonable (mixed call/data) plans.

Thanks

PS: I am on a £15 sim only monthly plan at the moment.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ West Yorkshire, UK
On Three's "One Plan" you don't have a data cap at all (they recently removed it), so it might be worth looking into a sim only one plan deal or something.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
giffgaff FTW. £10 goodybag gives you 250 minutes plus (genuinely) unlimited data and texts. Other offers are also available: http://giffgaff.com/index/offer

My website

GitHub

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
t-mobile uk do not charge you if you go over your data allowance, but restrict you to just web and email.

I find that the data service is slow; patchy and unreliable though.

I also got mugged on a couple of occasios by Three,which kinda irritated me, when on other months I fell well sort of my limit.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

The Following User Says Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
T-mobile certainly never used to charge if one exceed the fair usage, however in the dongle they did cap me when i once went over the 3gb limit, this meant i was only able to navigate sites as the speed was something like 15kb.... however in recent times i have heard rumors they been trying to quietly change this unlimited broadband policy, so is best to check first, this all seem to have started since the orange merger, is really a shame they also seem to be trying to go down the same road as all the other failed business modules. I personally have not received any information about this but then i have not been using the service other then to quickly check out a hand full of pages when on public transport.

The Following User Says Thank You to windows7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Originally Posted by windows7 View Post
T-mobile certainly never used to charge if one exceed the fair usage, however in the dongle they did cap me when i once went over the 3gb limit, this meant i was only able to navigate sites as the speed was something like 15kb.... however in recent times i have heard rumors they been trying to quietly change this unlimited broadband policy, so is best to check first, this all seem to have started since the orange merger, is really a shame they also seem to be trying to go down the same road as all the other failed business modules. I personally have not received any information about this but then i have not been using the service other then to quickly check out a hand full of pages when on public transport.
T-mobile recently announced that they would reduce everyone's fair use limit on data to 500MB from yesterday - there was so much uproar that they backtracked after a couple of days and said that it would only apply to new contracts and from any renewal date.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
How is this an N900 issue?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.