Active Topics

Tl;dr at the end of post.

Problem description:

I'm using a bluetooth mouse (works flawlessly), running through extmou, and a bluetooth keyboard, through qobi's solution, due to a need to change the keyboard map to a more diacritic-friendly one. The keyboard is nokia's own SU-8W.

The bluetooth stack issue is that the SU-8W shuts itself down within 3 or so minutes of innactivity (in order to save battery, I assume), and won't pair itself again once turned on, as though the N900 no longer recognize it; whatever the reason, it won't pair itself with the N900 again until I reboot the device.

This issue seems to also happen with the bluetooth mouse, as in case it disconnects itself due to innactivity (rarely happens unless I leave it lying around for minutes... Which just happened, btw -_-), the mouse cursor will no longer react to input, requiring a reboot just the same.

As any can assume, it's quite the hassle to reboot the device whenever something times out. So... How do I geet this thing to work as it should, and keep bluetooth devices connecting properly? Is there a log file I can look into to find out what's wrong??? Help me TMO, you're my only hope.

tl;dr: Bluetooth devices timeout/turn themselves off due to innactivity, and N900 won't pair back with them. How do I sort this out? I'm pretty sure it's the bluetooth stack.

Last edited by number41; 2011-02-10 at 20:34.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
What I did while debugging bug with bluetooth sniff mode was to enable traces in bluetooth kernel modules, this give lots of info. Sorry that I am unable to help, I just don't have bt keyboard as yours