Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
i find weight graph much better, but even that app has its annoyances

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by optimaxxx View Post
hi, love this app!

but i have a simple request, i'm trying to gain weight, and the trend tool shows colours fine (yellow for moderately underweight) but for everything else it says weightgain is bad, and i'm eating too many calories.

i hope it's not too difficult, but could you implement a "gain" or "lose" switch?
would make this app less demoralising/confusing for those trying to gain weight :P

oh, and the method for seeing your log is very confusing. would you be able to implement a "see log" button underneath your selected month rather then having to press the back button?
(in people's minds, that should take them back to the homescreen)

thanks!
Thanks for the suggestions. I have made the changes that you recommended above, and have uploaded the new version to Extras-Devel.

Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
i find weight graph much better, but even that app has its annoyances
Are there any changes I could make to maeFat which would make the program useful to you?

Hi,

Good work, nice to have a native implementation of the Hacker's Diet.

However, this program crashed for me on entering my weight on the third day, ie the third value. It now also hangs on start-up.

I think I'm running the latest version - there was one update via application manager, which I installed.

Cheers.

Originally Posted by spann View Post
Hi,

Good work, nice to have a native implementation of the Hacker's Diet.

However, this program crashed for me on entering my weight on the third day, ie the third value. It now also hangs on start-up.

I think I'm running the latest version - there was one update via application manager, which I installed.

Cheers.
Thanks for the bug report. I'm sorry it isn't working for you, and I'll try to fix the problem. Could I get you to email me the files .maeFat/settings and .maeFat/data ? If I have those files, I should be able to get my version to crash in the way yours does, and fix it more quickly. My address is orrery.moko@gmail.com.

Thanks again for trying my app!

Hi,

I took a look at the data file. Not much to see, as only three time/weight entries.

However, the time given for the third entry was 6:60! (The reading was actually taken before 7am).

Changing this to 6:59 means that the program now starts up fine.

Cheers.

The Following User Says Thank You to spann For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by spann View Post
Hi,

I took a look at the data file. Not much to see, as only three time/weight entries.

However, the time given for the third entry was 6:60! (The reading was actually taken before 7am).

Changing this to 6:59 means that the program now starts up fine.

Cheers.
OK, I'll put in a trap for that, and upload a fixed version this evening. I get my times from a Hildon time widget - I wonder if the widget itself has a bug. Anyway, sounds like an easy thing to fix. Thanks for the report.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ finland
Hello,

Are you planning to port it for N9? Maefat will be the application that I will certainly miss a lot if not...

Thanks for the maefat,
nibbe

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Italy
Ken, I would like to thank you for your great work.
Maefat helped me control my weight before my wedding and despite I didn't reach my target (it was a very hard mission!) I lost about 4kg in 3 months, which was a great result
I use maefat now to maintain my status (and hopefully lose some other kilos ) and I want to donate a little sum to thank you, can you point me at a Paypal account or something similar?
Thank you, bye!

Tags
maefat