Active Topics

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ York, Pa., USA
I'm reading about the OMAP 5 HERE, and I'm thinking clearly this is the kind of evolution jump I would want in my next phone. Overpower a bit, but hey I doubt I will ever use the full power of the n900. It says it could run windows 7 arm os, and is built specifically for multi os phones...

OMAP 5 = MULTI-OS PHONES?!

...Nokia could do its window 7 flagship phone, and lock it down all it wants to.

...Nokia could continue Meego development, and the open source work it began with Maemo. All the work, man power, and people who have dedicated their careers to this can be saved... Well some of it anyway.

And this can all be done on one phone!

If you had to buy a phone that dual booted to windows to keep Maemo/meego alive would you do it?

I would.

Microsoft gets their money.

Nokia gets total phone sales.

We keep Maemo/meego alive.

How could we get Nokia to realize this may be the answer for everyone involved?

Really? You are asking why companies do not want their users to use third party products, over which the said company don`t have control? Really? Esp M$?
Please think a bit..

M$ wants money.
Nokia just pissed off the majority of their fanbase.
Nokia and M$ wants to sell phones.

I'm thinking a lot!

Nokia needs to regain the enthusiasm of their base. Why not make them pay for what they want while including what M$ wants.. Elop has already proven the Trojan Horse strategy works.

Nokia's current strategy has them going out of business in less than a decade. If they have a better plan, I'm interested in hearing it.

Last edited by lorul2; 2011-03-04 at 14:37.

Why would the general public want more than 1 OS on their phone? sure you could get access to more apps, but it would just be inconvenient. not to mention the market research for why the phone is bought would be made more difficult.
Jobs wouldn't be saved, the majority were let go because they weren't working at the standards elop wanted. Sure it was a tragedy for many, but it's a capitalist world so you have to take it as it goes and think before you create a new thread

Originally Posted by xRobby View Post
Why would the general public want more than 1 OS on their phone? sure you could get access to more apps, but it would just be inconvenient. not to mention the market research for why the phone is bought would be made more difficult.
Jobs wouldn't be saved, the majority were let go because they weren't working at the standards elop wanted. Sure it was a tragedy for many, but it's a capitalist world so you have to take it as it goes and think before you create a new thread
TI is spending capital to manufacture this processor with multiple os' in mind. Clearly they don't have you on their research and development team.

Think before you answer...

Tags
just shoot me