Active Topics

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by delmar View Post
Quote. Vodafone italy allows not voip calls with your mobile dataplan. You need an extra dataplan for voip calls, which is too expensive if you make little use of voip.
Exactly my point. They want you to pay for voice calls AS A SERVICE--not work around them and treat voice calls as data. Pathetic, isn't it?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
This sort of treatment makes you feel like a cow being milked (by Vodafone d'Evil), waiting for the valiant prince(Steve Ball~mer of Micro$oft) riding on white horse (Nokia) swinging with the sword (Skype).
I sincerely doubt that Microsoft, Nokia nor Skype is in any position to demand that carriers do anything. None of these holds any power over carriers. They've been languishing there in the corner at the kiddie table shouting at the carriers, "HEY! DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM??? YOU CAN'T TREAT ME THIS WAY!" while Apple, HTC, Samsung, Motorola, Google and everyone else are at the adult table where the real moving and shaking is going on.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I sincerely doubt that Microsoft, Nokia nor Skype is in any position to demand that carriers do anything. None of these holds any power over carriers. They've been languishing there in the corner at the kiddie table shouting at the carriers, "HEY! DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM??? YOU CAN'T TREAT ME THIS WAY!" while Apple, HTC, Samsung, Motorola, Google and everyone else are at the adult table where the real moving and shaking is going on.
I think it is very likely the adults will be watching for a new Ballmer chicken dance, willingly or not.

I don't know if Oracle got invitation, but it looks they are very interested in monetising their patent portfolio.

As for carriers they will join the party (ecosystem), or die.

The Following User Says Thank You to momcilo For This Useful Post:

Tags
eldar, goodbye nokia, prophet eldar