There are some more files which contain possible modifications:
mce.ini for LED-Patterns
transitions.ini for menu
rx-51 for keyboard-mapping
callui.xml and systemui.xml

The Following User Says Thank You to mankir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
I made a posting at the other thread, uploading the v0.1 of my theme creator script. Please go read my post and help me to fine tune this app.
Doesn't seem to work on my device but great work mate, this fine idea could turn to a GUI.

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
Doesn't seem to work on my device but great work mate, this fine idea could turn to a GUI.
Umm really? The script only depends on tar-gnu, Dont u have that package? Can u pls post the error here?

Originally Posted by mankir View Post
There are some more files which contain possible modifications:
mce.ini for LED-Patterns
transitions.ini for menu
rx-51 for keyboard-mapping
callui.xml and systemui.xml
Hmmm, I am just going for a desktop theme package at the moment. So the rest can be considered maybe later. BTW what is callui,xml and systemui.xml?

Originally Posted by K9999 View Post
great idea mate, I like it..
so right now how many "desktop-hildon" themes are available for download?
Thanks. You know, I am actually wondering why nobody attempted this before. BTW this is just being developed and so at present no themes as such are present. Once development is complete, I will start a new thread to upload desktop-themes.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
I have been following this thread for quite some time and I have to say: I really am amazed and stumped by how some people have modded their desktops. Beautiful wallpapers, with edgy icons and widgets (esp QBW). I have tried to get ideas from those screen shots and make my own brilliant desktop arrangements, but can't seem to quite make it.

So, I was thinking, why not create a bunch of scripts to import/export desktop settings/arrangements. This will help people to upload their desktops and others may apply it onto their n900s like applying themes.

The way I see it, we would have to backup the following:
Wallpaper
Icon Package (Name only)
Theme (Name only)
Widget positions
QBW widgets and settings
Gonf settings like desktop numbers

So I need some help: please point out to me where these items are located. (From what I understand, QBW widgets van be backed up from /user/home/.queen_beecon)

Help me make this Idea a reality!
Couldn't we just export the conf files that "Desktop Activity" uses?

Seeing as that allows for saving presets of Desktop arrangements ect..

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Couldn't we just export the conf files that "Desktop Activity" uses?

Seeing as that allows for saving presets of Desktop arrangements ect..
Yes, Desktop Activity Manager is an excellent app. But it caters mainly to restoring widgets back on the same device. So it doesn't include the settings of some widgets like for eg, QBW.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Yes, Desktop Activity Manager is an excellent app. But it caters mainly to restoring widgets back on the same device. So it doesn't include the settings of some widgets like for eg, QBW.
But maybe get together with the devel of that, or just look at his code, then add some stuff to his app to do the extra things

The whole point of Open Source right, improve somebodies code and add your own improvements

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page