Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I want to use my legacy N800 as a upnp media renderer.
I have tried brisa-media-renderer but seems broken and throws errors in the log every time I try to send a stream.

So, I'd like to try upnpmr but the original repo is down. Used to be in http://www.hoohol.ath.cx/upnpmr
Anybody has a copy of the package, please?

Try this: http://hoohol.ath.cx/public/index.ph...ote=noteUPnPMR

I actually want to use my N800 as an SMB server to store files on because the Windows Mobile device I use now refuses to recognise memory cards, so I guess a build of TinySMB is in order once I get a build environment set up again

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jstokes For This Useful Post:
Well, as promised.

While TinySMB works with a Vista computer, it does not with my Windows Mobile device (due to missing NetBIOS support).

Install it and start it with "/etc/init.d/tinysmb start"; it does not start automatically. After that, you should be able to type in "\\(N800's IP)\mmc2" and browse the share.

For my Pocket PC, I had to rebuild Samba from the Diablo SDK repository and include smbd etc. into the samba-common package. While I had modified the init scripts and changed the packaging enough to get it to correctly run upon startup, I lost the source changes when I accidently deleted the diff.gz file. I have a working binary package that I cannot share for fear of violating the GPL

That said, using Samba to browse mmc2 on my Pocket PC works and I can watch a 350MB XviD of Breaking Bad on my Pocket PC with CorePlayer using the N800 to stream it. It does seem to buffer about every 10 seconds for a second, however. Oddly, tapping on the N800's screen every second makes CorePlayer not need to buffer.

I'm using the following awful script to try and simulate the effect:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

cleanup()
{
	echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
	echo 1 > /sys/power/op_dsp
	killall sleep
	chroot /mnt/initfs/ dsmetest -l 60
	exit
}

trap cleanup 1 2 3 6 15 9 EXIT SIGEXIT

echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
echo 0 > /sys/power/op_dsp

chroot /mnt/initfs/ dsmetest -l 1

while [ 1 = 1 ]; do
	xte 'mousemove 400 240' 'mousedown 1' 'mouseup 1'
	sleep 1
done
Attached Files
File Type: gz tinysmb.tar.gz (292.1 KB, 74 views)

Last edited by jstokes; 2011-09-01 at 17:11.

The Following User Says Thank You to jstokes For This Useful Post: