Active Topics

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Excellent. Had a quick look and will give this a go but I do not have any usb adapters at the moment.

Any screen shots?

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Nope. I hope you are aware that the touchscreen is not working yet (in the native version)

Last edited by don_falcone; 2011-12-06 at 12:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Ha ha, that kind of makes that pointless, doesn't it?

I have Arch Linux running on my Touchsmart Tablet.

Gnome 3 is pretty sweet on a touch screen (very similar to Maemo 5, the N900 is even mentioned in their developer documentation), but because of the nature of touch screens, the corner is very hard to click. I can get the Activities to open fine, but getting the notification area to come up is impossible as far as I can tell.

I would love a full on tablet with Linux. I do have a Chinese tablet that I intend on putting Debian or Arch on as soon as it's usable, since Android stinks. The main reason I bought the thing was to be able to display PDFs through the HDMI out... and Android only lets you output video through it! I mean what the hell is even the point in that?

slaapliedje

Posts: 244 | Thanked: 354 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
I would love a full on tablet with Linux. I do have a Chinese tablet that I intend on putting Debian or Arch on as soon as it's usable, since Android stinks. The main reason I bought the thing was to be able to display PDFs through the HDMI out... and Android only lets you output video through it! I mean what the hell is even the point in that?
Depends on the model I suppose. I bought a pair of cheap Storage Options Scroll tablet for the kids (Haemoroid 2.2 - sixty quid) to use when we drove to France (videos, Angry Birds, finger painting etc) and they had miniHDMI, with 1080p output for both video playback and applications. Was surprised at the latter - it was a sub-option ; suspect a hardware driver thing, it it certainly implies that Android supports it if the hardware supports it.

...patience, young padawan.

Patience.

Ten characters.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
XFCE with touchscreen support working.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post: