Notices

I usually only charge my phone via connecting it through USB to my laptop, and recently I came across an unusual problem that I couldn't find in the bug tracker.

So the problem (not quite a serious problem) is that my N900 wont switch on while charging, but it will switch on while it's not charging.

It does the usual nokia bright screen with orange led flashing and then it proceeds to the five flashing dots and then it just goes black. While when it's not charging it turns on without any problems.

I've tried removing the battery for 5 minutes and put it back on but no luck, maybe the battery software is bugged?

Any ideas are appreciated, oh and Merry Christmas everyone (a little late).

Last edited by AlekMX; 2011-12-26 at 23:03.

Originally Posted by AlekMX View Post
I usually only charge my phone via connecting it through USB to my laptop, and recently I came across an unusual problem that I couldn't find in the bug tracker.

So the problem (not quite a serious problem) is that my N900 won't switch on while charging, but it will switch on while it's not charging.

It does the usual nokia bright screen with orange led flashing and then it proceeds to the five flashing dots and then it just goes black. While when it's not charging it turns on without any problems.

I've tried removing the battery for 5 minutes and put it back on but no luck, maybe the battery software is bugged?

Any ideas are appreciated, oh and Merry Christmas everyone (a little late).
The same thing happens with me, when I am charging my phone the nokia bright screen with orange led flashing and then the five dots and then black.But, after all these events happen I give it another try and it allways works from the second time.
Try to turn your phone a second time after all these events you mentioned pass.I donn't know if that might help!

Originally Posted by Virtuality View Post
The same thing happens with me, when I am charging my phone the nokia bright screen with orange led flashing and then the five dots and then black.But, after all these events happen I give it another try and it allways works from the second time.
Try to turn your phone a second time after all these events you mentioned pass.I donn't know if that might help!
Yeah I did tried to switch it on again and actually I am trying right now, I've tried way too many times by now and still the same. I don't know whats causing it since it is indeed charging but it just wont switch on (i did confirmed that is charging).

Yeah I did tried to switch it on again and actually I am trying right now, I've tried way too many times by now and still the same. I don't know whats causing it since it is indeed charging but it just wont switch on (i did confirmed that is charging).
Does the same thing happen when you are charging from the wall electricity outlet (i mean not on the laptop)?
Because maybe your phone battery was completely drained and the laptop isn't giving your phone the enough power to launch.

Since, sometimes when I charge my phone using my laptop it wonnt even charge and the phone will display "not enough power to charge" or something like that...and even when it does charge it wonnt be getting the same power as it does from a wall outlet...

Yeah it is charging because I switched my phone on when not charging and then just plugged it to my laptop, it recognizes the device and it does prompt me to go Mass storage mode or PC Suite mode, it does both things without any problems, no "Not charging, not enough power" message appears.

And about the wall charger I can't confirm right now since I'm at work at the moment.

Oh and the battery is at 82% capacity.

Yeah it is charging because I switched my phone on when not charging and then just plugged it to my laptop, it recognizes the device and it does prompt me to go Mass storage mode or PC Suite mode, it does both things without any problems, no "Not charging, not enough power" message appears.

And about the wall charger I can't confirm right now since I'm at work at the moment.

Oh and the battery is at 82% capacity.
ummmm...ok no other ideas...but at least when your not at work try the wall charger and see if the same problem occurs!
and goodluck at work

However, this thread somehow talks about your problem:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=77462

The Following User Says Thank You to Virtuality For This Useful Post:
Thanks Virtuality it appears I suck at searching. I searched for a related issue for like 2 hours and all I could find is people getting reboot loops not my same problem.

Anyway that thread helps a lot since it makes me feel a little relieved that its kind of a normal problem.

Will try some of those suggestions later when I get home.

Again thanks and I hope you have a great day.

The Following User Says Thank You to AlekMX For This Useful Post:
Thanks Virtuality it appears I suck at searching. I searched for a related issue for like 2 hours and all I could find is people getting reboot loops not my same problem.

Anyway that thread helps a lot since it makes me feel a little relieved that its kind of a normal problem.

Will try some of those suggestions later when I get home.

Again thanks and I hope you have a great day.
lol
Noo, relax your problem isn't that harmfull...
your very welcome and u 2 have a nice day