Posts: 86 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Turkey
hi my dears

i have some little problem - after finishing internet surfing i go to the internet connection and disconnect it (i'm about cellular connection) but after this maybe some 10-15 or sometimes more i see that connection is reconnected and its active again and my data traffic is gone. for ex yesterday last i had 24mb trafic when i disconnect it, but then i'd recieved that i have 5mb

i have a look in the Qnetman in the Network Connections and saw that there always staing active. have a look down to the screen shoot

/usr/sbin/dnsmasq

Also have a look to the second screenshoot - its picture after pressing Resolve down there...in blue

i also try to find it with X Terminal then for remove (if it will not change to a problem aftrer - also a question for you guys ) here is -
~ $ root

BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

Nokia-N900:~# /usr/sbin/dnsmasq

dnsmasq: failed to create listening socket: Address already in use

PS : my 3G was in his minimum you see ? never mind, i was in toulet when i wrought this post
Attached Images

Last edited by TonyUkuk; 2011-12-29 at 09:39.

Originally Posted by TonyUkuk View Post
hi my dears

i have some little problem - after finishing internet surfing i go to the internet connection and disconnect it (i'm about cellular connection) but after this maybe some 10-15 or sometimes more i see that connection is reconnected and its active again and my data traffic is gone. for ex yesterday last i had 24mb trafic when i disconnect it, but then i'd recieved that i have 5mb
Sounds like you might have autoconnect enabled for that connection. Go to settings -> Internet connections and make sure that connect automatically is not enabled.

A reason that your data is being eaten may be that Maemo checks for software updates every 24 hours. See http://wiki.maemo.org/Customizing_Ma..._Updates_Check , I recommend using APT Woodchuck to manage software updates instead.

The Following User Says Thank You to neal For This Useful Post:
Also have a look to the second screenshoot - its picture after pressing Resolve down there...in blue
Attached Images

Originally Posted by neal View Post
Sounds like you might have autoconnect enabled for that connection. Go to settings -> Internet connections and make sure that connect automatically is not enabled.

A reason that your data is being eaten may be that Maemo checks for software updates every 24 hours. See http://wiki.maemo.org/Customizing_Ma..._Updates_Check , I recommend using APT Woodchuck to manage software updates instead.
Oops! i think i forget about - now i look that connect automatically is enabled= sory now i disabled it and give to always ask. i think its solved. but i'll check and wait to the tomorrow if no have such problems again so i close the theme. i think solved.

but just this make me to think , that always activity of dsnmasq. may be its about like you said about software updates, i'll check it and give it to know too

thanks for a reply.

PS: respect maemo.org. i've bought n900 just for a week and now yes i'm not good yet but i'm not noob already...maybe i'm feeling how i am developing with my new maemo family; you know