Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
A "." before a directory name hides the folder from MeeGo os so you won't be able to overcome it. This isn't the solution you are looking for.
I see... So thats hidden from everything... So technically the best solution is to wait for the creator of Mieru to allow an option to view hidden folders? Or... what else can be done?
I really dont like seeing hundreds of B&W random images in my gallery... Looks like for now i dont have much of a choice though.

What I found odd was that a chmod 000 wasn't enough to prevent recursive searching. I guess the media search daemon runs as root...but can't see .directory files.

I think there is a way to get Gallery to exclude specific directories but I've forgotten where I saw it. Need to do some research.

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
To exclude a directory from Tracker media autodiscovery (which is what makes things show up in Gallery, Music, Documents etc.) you want to edit .config/tracker/tracker-miner-fs.cfg and add a directory to the semicolon-separated IgnoredDirectories entry

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Posted: Saturday, 19.May.2012 12:27 Post subject:
You will have to edit the following file:
/home/user/.config/tracker/tracker-miner-fs.cfg
which has the following content:

Quote:
[General]
# Log verbosity (0=errors, 1=minimal, 2=detailed, 3=debug)
Verbosity=0
# Time in seconds before crawling filesystem (0->1000)
InitialSleep=0

[Monitors]
# Set to false to completely disable any monitoring
EnableMonitors=true

[Indexing]
# Sets the indexing speed (0->20, where 20=slowest speed)
Throttle=0
# Set to true to index while running on battery
IndexOnBattery=true
# Set to true to index while running on battery for the first time only
IndexOnBatteryFirstTime=true
# Set to true to enable traversing mounted directories for removable devices
# (this includes optical discs)
IndexRemovableMedia=true
# Set to true to enable traversing CDs, DVDs, and generally optical media
# (if removable devices are not indexed, optical discs won't be either)
IndexOpticalDiscs=false
# Pause indexer when disk space is <= this value
# (0->100, value is in % of $HOME file system, -1=disable pausing)
LowDiskSpaceLimit=-1
# List of directories to crawl recursively for indexing (separator=
# Special values include: (see /etc/xdg/user-dirs.defaults & $HOME/.config/user-dirs.default)
# &DESKTOP
# &DOCUMENTS
# &DOWNLOAD
# &MUSIC
# &PICTURES
# &PUBLIC_SHARE
# &TEMPLATES
# &VIDEOS
# If $HOME is the default below, it is because $HOME/.config/user-dirs.default was missing.
IndexRecursiveDirectories=&DESKTOP;&DOCUMENTS;&DOW NLOAD;&MUSIC;&PICTUR ES;&VIDEOS;$HOME/MyDocs;$HOME/MyDocs/.sounds;$HOME/MyDocs/.documents;$ HOME/MyDocs/.videos;$HOME/MyDocs/.images;$HOME/MyDocs/.camera;
# List of directories to index but not sub-directories for changes (separator=
# Special values used for IndexRecursiveDirectories can also be used here
IndexSingleDirectories=
# List of directories to NOT crawl for indexing (separator=
IgnoredDirectories=$HOME/MyDocs/core-dumps/;$HOME/MyDocs/cities/;$HOME /MyDocs/.sounds/Ringtones/;/home/user/MyDocs/Music/Ringtones;po;CVS;c ore-dumps;lost+found;
# List of directories to NOT crawl for indexing based on child files (separator=
IgnoredDirectoriesWithContent=backup.metadata;
# List of files to NOT index (separator=
IgnoredFiles=*.dpkg-*;*~;*.o;*.la;*.lo;*.loT;*.in;*.csproj;*.m4;*.rej; *.gmo;*.orig;*.pc;*.omf;*.aux;*.tmp;*.po;*.vmdk;*. vm*;*.nvram;*.part;* .rcore;lzo;autom4te;conftest;confstat;Makefile;SCC S;litmain.sh;libtool ;config.status;confdefs.h;
# Interval in days to check the filesystem is up to date in the database, maximum is 365, default is -1.
# -2 = crawling is disabled entirely
# -1 = crawling *may* occur on startup (if not cleanly shutdown)
# 0 = crawling is forced
CrawlingInterval=-1
# Threshold in days after which files from removables devices will be removed from database if not mounted. 0 means never, maximum is 365.
RemovableDaysThreshold=3

[Writeback]
#Set to false to disable writeback
EnableWriteback=true

You have to append an extra folder to the variable "IgnoredDirectories" above. For example if you want to exclude indexing of gPodder audio and video podcasts:

Quote:
IgnoredDirectories=$HOME/MyDocs/core-dumps/;$HOME/MyDocs/cities/;$HOME /MyDocs/.sounds/Ringtones/;/home/user/MyDocs/Music/Ringtones;po;CVS;c ore-dumps;lost+found;$HOME/MyDocs/gPodder/;

I have had some problems with this in PR 1.1 due to the Aegis security framework on the N9 because this file got restored to its original content after a couple of hours. I have not yet tried to modify the file after upgrading to PR 1.2.

--
Bent Laursen

copy paste to make it easier, gonna delete it if its sound bad,

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post: