I am repeatedly seeing my on-screen keyboard disappear in the middle of typing. Alternatively, if I enter some text (say in the SMS editor or Opera), exit the keyboard, and go back and edit it some more, the resulting text has some words that I deleted reappear, e.g.

"...I wanted to createput together something..."

It is difficult to reproduce; right now it's working fine. The sole hypothesis I have is that the physical keyboard is emitting signals by accident; I think I've managed to exit the screen keyboard by closing the physical keyboard and pressing it against the phone's body, but even that is difficult to repeat.

Any advice would be helpful.

I think I got it. Double-tapping on a word while editing in virtual keyboard will mess it up. It will look ok until you exit the virtual keyboard back to the message, but then some words will be mixed together.

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by chill View Post
I think I got it. Double-tapping on a word while editing in virtual keyboard will mess it up. It will look ok until you exit the virtual keyboard back to the message, but then some words will be mixed together.
This issue is a known bug and was never fixed (https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7399)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post: