Active Topics

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Spain
I'm looking for ways to read temperature sensors in my Jolla, but it's harder than I initially guessed. An old update log says this:

DSME wakes from suspend to read HW temperatur and battery status
So it's something related to "dsme". If I mess around that, I can find this:

Code:
$ dsmetemperature -h
Displaying elapsed time and estimated surface temperature every 5 seconds
Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "estimate_surface_temperature" with signature "" on interface "com.nokia.thermalmanager" doesn't exist
Oops. That looked good, but doesn't work. Let's find some other dsme-anything things:

Code:
$ dsmetool -h
-d --start-dbus                 Start DSME's D-Bus services
Code:
$ ps aux | grep -i dsme

root       628  0.0  0.2   2076  1868 ?        S<Ls 08:48   0:00 /usr/sbin/dsme -p /usr/lib/dsme/libstartup.so --systemd
root       643  0.0  0.2  15492  1856 ?        S<l  08:48   0:00 /usr/sbin/dsme-server -p /usr/lib/dsme/libstartup.so --systemd
Humm... "dbus" and "systemd"... then I try this one (after installing qdbus):

Code:
/usr/lib/qt5/bin/qdbus org.freedesktop.systemd1
... and it shows a loooooot of stuff. Should I search into that gibberish or is there a simpler way?

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
i have checked them directly from sysfs (enough for my purposes)

Code:
cat /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone10/temp

cat /sys/devices/platform/msm_ssbi.0/pm8038-core/pm8921-charger/power_supply/battery/temp

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Spain
The /sys directory! Sure I was forgetting that when I was searching! Thank you very much!

Now I'm wondering which "thermal zone" is the right one. But that's a minor issue.