Active Topics

Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
I have albums remaining in the media player view that i have deleted from the music folder ... anyone know a way to manually refresh the list or do i have to wait for my N900 to do it itself?

In X Terminal type:

tracker-processes --hard-reset
/etc/osso-af-init/tracker.sh start

Given time it should do it by itself.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JonWW For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JonWW View Post
In X Terminal type:

tracker-processes --hard-reset
/etc/osso-af-init/tracker.sh start

Given time it should do it by itself.
can anyone else confirm this is correct as typing inot xterminal ...hard-reset sounds a bit dodgy to me and i aint got a clue about these things.... and jon you joined jan with only 4 posts which is why my confidence level is low.

cheers, and sorry for doubt jon if you are confirmed as correct

Originally Posted by fraaaaanka View Post
.... and jon you joined jan with only 4 posts which is why my confidence level is low.
Thats fine, the reason I bought the phone is because I like to get under the hood and tinker with things , I normally fix XP machines for peolpe and it's been over 20 years since I played havoc with a Unix machine at school , so the X Terminal brings back some great old memories.

I've done it on my N900 and it works fine, all it does is to shutdown the tracker process and causes the tracker to delete its database, restarting it (if you have the Load Applet installed) you will see the CPU load spike for 10-15 seconds as it starts again and refreshes itself in the background.

Not sure if you need to be root, can't remember. I have placed commands in a file called mediareset on my own phone, and if I need to run it I just type sh mediareset.

Here is the thread I found it on (search for "tracker-processes hard-reset")

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
You can run the first command just fine (also "tracker-processes -r", which is the same), it will indeed delete the media player databases.

The second one is not actually needed as just starting the media player application will restart Tracker and recreate the databases while showing a progress GUI (so I guess it's better).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
done it and my N900 has turned itself off and when i turned it back on there is a blue screen saying "internal error at run line JonWW"

only kidding, it worked a treat
cheers Jon

Originally Posted by fraaaaanka View Post
"internal error at run line JonWW"

How do I refresh media player so it finds the albums which are located in my memory card?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by j-mi View Post
How do I refresh media player so it finds the albums which are located in my memory card?
I use "tracker-processes --hard-reset" - it's rather a pain, but seems the only way to get tracker sorted out (last time it managed to lose track of all the albums I already had installed, but quite happily indexed the new ones).

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
I use "tracker-processes --hard-reset" - it's rather a pain, but seems the only way to get tracker sorted out (last time it managed to lose track of all the albums I already had installed, but quite happily indexed the new ones).
Ok, I used it. But it never ends. I mean, I have waited about 45min, and it's still doing:
Code:
Starting log:
   File:'/hime/user/.local/share/tracker/trackerd.log'
|
But when I go to media player, it shows that it has found 512 music tracks.. It works yes, but hitting ctrl+c ain't the right way to stop the log writing it or is it?

Tags
rebelnoob?