Active Topics

Notices

Hi All,

This is more a brainstorm or a question for some of the developers out their about whether or not something is possible or not.
I will apologise now for any vagueness with regards to the application itself.

Basically I’m looking to make an application to be deployed across multiple platforms namely to start with.
Maemo / Meego
Symbian s60v5
Symbian s60v3
Symbian ^ 3
Possibly other symbian platforms in the future if there is a need.

My first assumption is that the QT platform would be the best for making an app that can be deployed across different OS’s?

As an extension of this, do you know if qt can deploy to the Andriod OS?
So to give an overview how this application may “look” and or work, Any ideas or advice here is welcome.

I see a central server(probably web-based) which exposes various api to given and get data such and people profiles, application data etc.
Then on the Nokia phones there would be a application built on QT (as assume above) which would tap into the various api’s to share live data with the “web-server”.
The idea is then to have an Andriod and an Apple application which does the same, I assume the Api’s would need to be different?

Now this would solve a lan and wlan access setup for the application in question.
My next though is that would it be possible to share data via this application for example if it was a game, could we do this via Bluetooth across all the various OS’s, so “Nokia”, Android and apple?

Sorry once again for the vagueness but answers to any of these questions or any design suggestions would be much apprechiated.

My Blog

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 229 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Missouri, USA
As for Qt on Android:
http://tamss60.tamoggemon.com/2010/0...tra-interview/

The Following User Says Thank You to aspidites For This Useful Post: