Active Topics

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Hey guys,

I have had my N810 since a long time. I have never removed the factory installed screen protector. Due to a lot of use there are numerous scratches on the screen protector. So yesterday i removed it. Now my screen is shiny new and the sunlight readability has increased tremendously. So is it supposed to be peeled of after purchase?

What do you guys do?

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Hey guys,

I have had my N810 since a long time. I have never removed the factory installed screen protector. Due to a lot of use there are numerous scratches on the screen protector. So yesterday i removed it. Now my screen is shiny new and the sunlight readability has increased tremendously. So is it supposed to be peeled of after purchase?

What do you guys do?
Of course, it's supposed to be removed -- what did you do about that ugly silver pull-off tab that was blocking your view anyway?

Tim

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
I have left it on the screen also. It came with some stickers and stuff, and I removed that with rubbing alcohol.

Sunlight readability has increased! DAMMIT, DAMMIT TO HELL! I always wondered why the screen sucked so bad in the sun, I always though it was defective...

1.7 years gone, and the N900 is almost out, and now I learn this...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
LOL well think of it this way: it's like having an all new screen.

BTW i recommend third-party screen protectors. They are actually designed to hold up to wear and tear, unlike the ones that come on it from the store.

Posts: 369 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Virginia
Look at it this way - now your N810 resale value is better

Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
Of course, it's supposed to be removed -- what did you do about that ugly silver pull-off tab that was blocking your view anyway?

Tim
Yeah i just cut it off and removed the remains with some spirit..

Haha It's a transport screen protector, to be removed when you unbox your shiny new gadget.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
My screen sensitivity has increased tremendously also. Anyway how do you guys install third party screen protectors without getting those bubbles?

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
its supposed to be removed, just like with any product..for ex. screens

I have a boxwave screen protector - after a year it has zero scratches and it is easier to see my n800 screen in sunlight than without the protector.

To stop bubbles it comes with a little card, which you use to squeeze the bubbles out as you apply the protector

The Following User Says Thank You to overfloat For This Useful Post: