Active Topics

hi all,

remember when we first updated to pr1.2, and there was the function of long pressing a key will get you to the second symbol(without the need of using SHIFT button) ?

well for some reason, that function just magically disappeared after install some apps (dont know which cuz i installed to many today) , but does anyone have the same problem? because i liking that new feature, now its no more...

anyone?

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
You can switch this feature on and off with Repeat Switcher.

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
hi cheers mate! though i think i know why the long press function has gone, cuz even when i choose 'longpress', i still dont get the function.

last night I updated to pr1.2. over air. Before, I get back from over clock to standard Kernel like this:
apt-get --reinstall install kernel kernel-flasher

...after very long time processing, it hangs on pmconfig dpkg etc.. I don't know it exactly. Then I rebooted and everything was very ugly with pink and gray colors, many symbols where missing.

But from now I could update the firmware over program manager. Before he wants me to use PC-Suite, but I wouldn't install anything new.

The update was very fast, different like before and everything works great, apart from the virtual keyboard!

Also longpress on hardware keyboard for the blue symbols didn't work. and lock capitalization with double-click didn't work, too.

I tried everything from here: h**p://discussions.nokiausa.com/t5/Maemo-Devices/n900-virtual-keyboard-not-working/td-p/605318/page/2;jsessionid=198DF0C9522C23EE53433ABBE61CF4E0

But virtual keyboard did not appear. No long press function and no double-click, too. tried to solve it, installing Longpress-Repeat switcher but nothing make it work.

I need some help.
Thank you :-)