Active Topics

Bit of a weird one.

When ever I miss a call, my N900 seems to connect to the wifi... I can't understand why.

Anyone else suffer from this?

Bump.

I've just rejected a call and had the same thing happened, wifi connected for no reason at all.

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Phone details? System version (PR 1.x)

I will try with mine and see if it happens..
I'm on PR 1.3 as most of us are.

The Following User Says Thank You to kingoddball For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Should your phone connect automatically (System settings -> internet connections)? Maybe it just checks the available internet connections after a call (for unknown reasons ) and finds a WLAN. What happens if you turn of the automatically connect. Or do not allow to connect to WLAN?

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
What apps have you installed? In Terminal, run maemo-list-user-packages and copy and paste the results here.

I've turned all automatic connections off, running PR1.3

Its only happened since PR1.3 and i've had the same applications installed since PR1.1.

I've got the extended controls for mplayer so when screen is off I can pause ad skip tracks with camera and volume buttons. Since installing that if Ihave been listening to music with the media widget and miss a call, it will start playing again. So maybe an app you installed is doing this.

if you failed to know which app is causing this problem or if there is no app at all thats causing that..try swtiching off -- removing batteries -- wait for a minute before reversing, solve many mysterious problems.

I wonder if its possible to get icd to log the application asking it to initiate a connection...?

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Italia
I have experienced a similar oddity: in two cases, after a missing call, the mediaplayer started to play the actual playlist.

(PR1.3, lot of apps installed)