My gym has new treadmills which have USB inputs where can plug your dvd player in and watch your program on the screen in front of you while walking or running. I have movies on my N810, can our device work with this treadmill/USB combination?

Never saw that setup before. If it's USB (not VGA) then it sounds like it's just reading a media file off the device, probably with the device in USB storage mode. So it may be workable.

Well maybe..I will take the n810 and the factory cable this evening and give it a go. Thanks

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Your DVD player has a USB port? What kind of DVD player is that? A external DVD player type thing for the PC or something? That seems really cool. Think about it, if a simple treadmill can read a DVD through USB (if im understanding correctly), then can't the Nokias do the same thing? As far as I know, you cant watch a (movie, not data) DVD by simply reading files. You need special DVD software, like VLC or something.

Edit: Do you mean an Ipod Dock compatible treadmill? I have seen things like that, but it only works for ipod video.

Last edited by Thesandlord; 2008-05-15 at 02:29.