Active Topics

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ India
Today I flashed to indian variant RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1.004_PR_COMBINED_004_ARM

but after updating I'm not able to add skype account.So how to add skype account manually?Please help
Attached Images

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ India
hey..the indian version doesnt have skype..go for the US one.Else u can go for fring

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Have you tried scrolling down the list? Assuming you can...

EDIT: Apparently that's not the case.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Delhi, India
i can confirm by experience that skype does not work for the Indian version..something to do with the govt laws.

Previously I was using pr 1.2 usa variant then skype was present.Is it possible to extract skype package from usa version and install it in indian version?

Can you not just flash with the Global version? Or would you loose functionality if your hardware is designed for the india lauguages?

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Delhi, India
dude, there is nothing spl in the Indian version that may make you want to retain it. The regional settings as India are available in the USA version too...i myself reflashed to US version aftr i saw skype missing.

there are no added features in the indian version, so lets stick to what we bought. Infact i think that when the phone is launched in INdia in a few months many ppl will reflash it to the global version to get Skype working

Originally Posted by JonWW View Post
Can you not just flash with the Global version? Or would you loose functionality if your hardware is designed for the india lauguages?
Yes I can flash it to global version.But them again I need to download the firmware image.My internet connection is not that fast,so this is the main problem.My device is not indian I got it from USA.

Flashed to Global version...now Skype is back .... in future not going to flash India variant.

Will the warranty b void if flashed to a global version