well, just got my 770 today from nokiausa.com, and i have a quick question......is it supposed to have that factory protective film on the lcd screen? sorta like when you buy a palm or a pocketpc, there's a factory film they put on the lcd. anybody? thanks.

Not on mine.

David

Nope, it doesn't have any

could be protective shipping film, like on the surfaces of other, scratchable electronics. You can most likely remove it- probably not a screen protector.

By the way- congrats on your purchase!! you're gonna have a lot of fun with it!

Last edited by heckler770; 2006-02-28 at 02:16.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ht=crack+frame

check this out, does your's have a crack yet? check it early, document if it cracks..sorry a bit off topic!!

well, the reason i ask is because i think that my 770 has once owned and repackaged. like i said, mine already had a screen protector, but here's the giveaway.......it has a 1gb rs-mmc instead of the 64mb that's stated on the websites. it says atp on it....hopefully that's a good brand. anyhow, being that it was ordered through my local costco from nokiausa.com, costco told me that it has a full guarantee against defects (or if i get bored with it) as long as i'm a costco member. so if this badboy fouls up on me, i could just return it to costco, and they'll ship it back to nokia, and i get a full refund. so far it works great. who ever owned this b4 me took real good care of it. no signs of where at all. thanks for the replies guys.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Exeter, UK
That sounds like a reconditioned unit to me. You got a bargain: free 1Gb card!

Can you tell me how you were able to order from Costo? I don't see it in their site. What price did you pay through Costco? I'm a member and would like to order through them if it's a good deal. Thanks.

Originally Posted by jb4268
Can you tell me how you were able to order from Costo? I don't see it in their site. What price did you pay through Costco? I'm a member and would like to order through them if it's a good deal. Thanks.
it depends on your local costco. costco.com doesn't sell it. actually, their site even states that their online inventory is different than local stores. anyhow, i got mine for $349.99. check your local costco, you might get lucky. later.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Los Angeles
Wow! Serious bargain if you got it with a 1gb card.
Was the extender adapter included so that you can use the memory on a flash card reader?