Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
So I've narrowed the best monoaural's around (order of preference) to these 8, prices are very rough:
__
IN
$xxx AUD Voyager Pro+ [2]
___
OUT
$xxx AUD Blueant Q2
$137 AUD Jawbone Icon [22/01/11] supplanted by Jawbone Era?

$xxx AUD Savor M1100 [2]
$122 AUD Nokia BH-904
$147 AUD Endeavor HX1

$129 AUD Discovery 975 [2]
SoundID seem to be only interested in selling their 510 to NA, so they're out.

Along with my Nokia N900....
This headset will be used with my PS3, & for videoconferencing via my HTPC (if my Logitech Orbit's mic is bad).
Convert to stereo option may be handy, but not imperative...
I'll get a stereo BT headset later that'll need to be rugged enough for jogging etc, but it's not a priority now.

The Pro according to many accounts was better than 975 in some significant ways, so it follows that the Pro+ is better.
Aside from being bulkier, less stylish, & not having the gimmicky battery extender case

I'm not interested in comparing any other models, as it just gets too complicated!
I've already done some extensive reading and these are definitely stand outs.
Any preference out of this list, why so? I'm erring towards the Voyager Pro+.
Still comparing though, so any thoughts are very greatly appreciated!

Thanks again.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________
**update** 27/10/10
Well Q2 "apparently" wasn't available till Oct+...
But it become freaking available on 13/09, just 1wk after I bought my Voyager Pro!
And in the last few weeks the Savor M1100 & Voyager Pro+ have become available too, grrr.
**update** 18/11/10
Swapped-out the $076 AUD Blueant T1 for the superior & now available Q2.
I have also determined that on-balance, the Pro+ is slightly superior to the M1100 for my tastes.
Swapped-out the Pro[2] for the Pro+, and added the M1100 to the list.
**update** 22/01/11
Jawbone Icon supplanted by Jawbone Era?

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-01-26 at 11:44.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
jalyst, I have merged your duplicate threads. Do not open multiple threads on the same question or topic.

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
too many links.........

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
jalyst, I have merged your duplicate threads. Do not open multiple threads on the same question or topic.
My apologies, I wasn't 100% sure which was the best sub-forum, I should've asked someone!
If it has to go in one, I don't suppose you could place it under "devices/n900"?
Far more views in that sub-forum, & still related in that I'm looking for monaural headsets specifically for the N900.

Thank-you/night.

Last edited by jalyst; 2010-08-19 at 17:49.

I personally like the Voyager Pro. It looks bigger than others -- but it is so comfortble. I can wear this all day long. Not sure about jogging -- I think it may be ok -- but I havent tried it.

The sound quality is also excellent. I was talking to my wife while I was in noisy traffic and she said she would thought I was still in the office if I didn't tell her I was already driving.

Thank-you very much for deciding to be helpful instead of antagonistic.
I don't intend to use any of these for jogging, that'll be a separate batch of stereo BT headsets.

Do you have any basis for justifying the Voyager Pro over any of the others?
Or are you just speaking purely from experience with your Voyager Pro?

Thanks again for your thoughts!

http://store.apple.com/au/reviews/TW...co=MTcwNjM5NzM

Fair bit of commentary from people whom have owned both the Icon & Voyager who prefer the latter for overall quality (in/out), comfort, & battery life.
By all accts Voyager's noise suppression isn't quite as good, but very close.

So for now it's the Voyager, later I may also get the Icon, or one of the others in the "OUT" list.
Order of priority in that list is from top-to-bottom....

Make sure you check compatibility with the N900, it's very picky about what it works with. Even then the voice audio to Bluetooth headsets has been too choppy to use in my experience.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Thank-you very much for deciding to be helpful instead of antagonistic.
I don't intend to use any of these for jogging, that'll be a separate batch of stereo BT headsets.

Do you have any basis for justifying the Voyager Pro over any of the others?
Or are you just speaking purely from experience with your Voyager Pro?

Thanks again for your thoughts!
Hello ... sorry for the delayed reply.. been a little busy. I have used the Voyager Pro for the last 4-5 months and its been really great. It looks big -- but it is VERY comfortable compared to others. I have tried several other headsets and its a big difference. (I have tried the voyager 975 which was good as well BUT I am too scared of losing it since it doesn't seem to hold on to my ear very well). The quality is great -- people I have talked to would think that I am in a quiet room even when I am driving on noisy highways. Works well with the N900. Hope this helps.

How do you overcome the lack of A2DP support, is there an app for that in the MAEMO repositories?
There seems to be one in the android market called Super BT Mono...

*update*
some of the newer headsets (inc recently released voyager pro+) have a2dp built into the fw.

Last edited by jalyst; 2010-11-17 at 16:56.