I installed audible today into garnet. it works great. I even setup the memory card so that I can download via audible air or just move files to the new audible folder on my memory card. Then I noticed in the forums that people were wishing they could get audible to work. Are those posts out of date, or did I stumble on how to make it work before I knew I was not supposed to be able to?

The Following User Says Thank You to qowieury For This Useful Post:
I also got Audible running, but keep getting crashes that wipe out all my applications and audiobooks. How did you configure Audible Air to store the books on the SD cards?

My other issue is that the player only handles the format 3 files and the sound quality is just not as good as the format 4 files I can use on my N95

If only Nokia would write a native maemo Audible client.

Last edited by gowen; 2009-11-28 at 16:49.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Southern Oregon Coast
Originally Posted by qowieury View Post
I installed audible today into garnet. it works great. I even setup the memory card so that I can download via audible air or just move files to the new audible folder on my memory card. Then I noticed in the forums that people were wishing they could get audible to work. Are those posts out of date, or did I stumble on how to make it work before I knew I was not supposed to be able to?
So I think this answers two of my questions as far as audio working as well as wifi and using the NIT to access online databases and services...

thanks

Originally Posted by gowen View Post
How did you configure Audible Air to store the books on the SD cards?
Got it sorted out. Once I got the SD card configured properly it appeared as a destination in AudibleAir.

The Following User Says Thank You to gowen For This Useful Post:
I am not getting any crashes except when I turned game sound to off, which made audible not work at all, not just be quiet.

I used the simple installer available from http://audible.custhelp.com/app/answ...0palm/r_id/166

it is great. Just a little prc file that you can either install (my preference) or just put in the Palm/Launcher folder on your sd

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qowieury For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Wow, Audible FINALLY works on the N810 and presumably other tablets. Thanks, Garnet!

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by qowieury View Post
That sounds great. Could you post a step-by-step, and especially the part about configuring Audible Air? I'm using the N900 and just installed garnet and mobipocket and it's working fine, but I would like to have audible in there too.

Just checking, is this true....We can now download audible to our sd card, install it through gvm, and then we can listen to our audible.com files, and there will no longer be a crash when the sound plays? Wow, if this it found by others to be true, then that is SOMETHING!
So tell me again, please. Is this really true?

it's true for the N8x0 and 770 devices, but not the N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to gowen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It is SO close on the N900. It looks to me like there is some simple problem with file locations or permissions and if that was fixed, the whole thing would work. You can log on to the Audible system and the system apparently accepts you. You can download any program that is available for you. But after you have done that, the moment you try to actually play the program, you crash. It looks to me like the place you download to won't actually accept files, which is what I am saying about permissions problem. But I don't know where it is trying to put the files, so I can't check this.

After it accepts your name and password, it ALWAYS asks for your name and password the next time you try -- so it isn't able to actually keep them.

Can someone who understands these things better take a look at this? It is so so close to working.