Well, I live in Australia. The N900 is here and available, and I love the look of Maemo 5. I also played around with the phone in a store. I really like the phone overall. Now, I played around with the Meego beta for netbooks. Obviously it will be different on a handset, but still. I am very close to purhcasing the N900. My parents are pretty strict on phones. I will be signing up on a 2 year plan. As with all phones, in about 6 months, the phone will be outdated, as with all android phones, iphones and everything. I must stick with the plan until it's over, and I get 1gb of data each month, so that's nice. I want to know I am making the right decision.

My understanding of the phone is that Nokia will not be supporting an official Meego release. I am confident the community will support one, and NITDroid is a very smooth project, but I won't be installing it, or using it until I can make a phone call. :|
Overall, I think I really want this phone. Even if the community dies in a year or so, I will be fine. Just one question about Evernote, as it keeps all my notes, stuff to read on the train, homework, study and practically everything, I need to know, is there a client for it? Or is it just some photo sharing program? Will I be able to read my notes on the phone?

Thanks

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
if u want it, get it. you'll like it for sure.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Lepodo View Post
Well, I live in Australia. The N900 is here and available, and I love the look of Maemo 5. I also played around with the phone in a store. I really like the phone overall. Now, I played around with the Meego beta for netbooks. Obviously it will be different on a handset, but still. I am very close to purhcasing the N900. My parents are pretty strict on phones. I will be signing up on a 2 year plan. As with all phones, in about 6 months, the phone will be outdated, as with all android phones, iphones and everything. I must stick with the plan until it's over, and I get 1gb of data each month, so that's nice. I want to know I am making the right decision.

My understanding of the phone is that Nokia will not be supporting an official Meego release. I am confident the community will support one, and NITDroid is a very smooth project, but I won't be installing it, or using it until I can make a phone call. :|
Overall, I think I really want this phone. Even if the community dies in a year or so, I will be fine. Just one question about Evernote, as it keeps all my notes, stuff to read on the train, homework, study and practically everything, I need to know, is there a client for it? Or is it just some photo sharing program? Will I be able to read my notes on the phone?

Thanks
Personally, I would NOT get the N900, it's a one way train to a dead end. As for Evernote, no client, very disappointing, you access your notes via the web, not even close to PC, iPhone or Android experience. I sold my N900 and have never looked back and am extremely happy with my new phone (not Nokia) knowing that I am in good company and will have good long term support on my new unit . Good luck.

Originally Posted by Sp1ke View Post
Personally, I would NOT get the N900, it's a one way train to a dead end. As for Evernote, no client, very disappointing, you access your notes via the web, not even close to PC, iPhone or Android experience. I sold my N900 and have never looked back and am extremely happy with my new phone (not Nokia) knowing that I am in good company and will have good long term support on my new unit . Good luck.

What phone do u have now?

unless you need easy debian, no.

The Following User Says Thank You to extendedping For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Canada
The reason I did not say what my new phone is after selling my N900 was not to start another endless discussion.....

It goes without saying and I speak for myself, I will never buy another Nokia product in the foreseeable future unless they convince me that they are serious about developing a smart phone that they can commit to and go the distance against the competition. Until then.... hello competition

The Following User Says Thank You to Sp1ke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
i would get the n900 used, get an android phone with the plan. might as well get the most expensive phone possible with the plan. and a used n900 should be easy to come by, as you can see..

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
there's an evernote client btw, i use it, it's awesome

it's on the OVI STORE

Originally Posted by Sp1ke View Post
The reason I did not say what my new phone is after selling my N900 was not to start another endless discussion.....

It goes without saying and I speak for myself, I will never buy another Nokia product in the foreseeable future unless they convince me that they are serious about developing a smart phone that they can commit to and go the distance against the competition. Until then.... hello competition
I wanna know what phone u got

Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
i would get the n900 used, get an android phone with the plan. might as well get the most expensive phone possible with the plan. and a used n900 should be easy to come by, as you can see..
yeah people are abandoning a sinking ship left and right i was on craigslist trying to sell mine and saw 15 others listed i did not even think there where that many in Dallas i was trying to sell mine for around 350 but those people where going alot lower