Notices

Has anyone else found that Navicore trip routing (us version) can be iincredibly inaccurate, as in wanting to send you way off course before arriving at the destination? I'm comparing it to standalone gps's, Maemo Mapper, and Google mapping. Even when I try to help Navicore by adding corrective waypoints, it often wants to route in bizzare directrons before getting to the destination.

mg

I too find the Navicore software a little fussy. It took some getting used to and figuring out how to trick it to do what it should be able to do in the first place. I needed to add lots of waypoints to get it to navigate a route I wanted it to take.
It's also silly that it wont record a route!! Why have a walking and bicycle mode without it?
And why can't Canada and the US be loaded at the same time? It took me a while to find "Frontier Crossing" as a Point of Interest and I had to use a paper map to determine which "Frontier Crossing" was closest to my location and destination. A little goofy.
The secret for me was to add all the places I want to go as favorites. Makes them easy to add as waypoints.

Overall I'm pleased with it. After we got the hang of it, it was nice not having to use a map on our road trip from Philly to Montreal to explore the city and countryside.

It was great to use on foot to find restaurants and bars in Montreal. Bluetooth connection to the GPS receiver was perfect, even with receiver in a backpack.