Any way to add options to the snooze button when the alarm is going off? Like snooze 5min 10min 15min 30min 1hr 1day.

Snooze 1 day. I like that.

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Zürich, Switzerland
yes - go to clock (where you have the three icons), tap the topbar, -> alarm settings -> snooze time
Maybe translation is wrong, but I'm sure you'll find it...

Edit: I just saw, that there are only three options: 5,10 and 15min

Felix Rohrbach
Twitter | LinkedIn | Xing | facebook

Originally Posted by pixelgeek View Post
yes - go to clock (where you have the three icons), tap the topbar, -> alarm settings -> snooze time
Maybe translation is wrong, but I'm sure you'll find it...

Edit: I just saw, that there are only three options: 5,10 and 15min
Yes those are the preset options. i would like those options while the alarm is going off.

Snooze 1 day. I like that.
that's more for calendar reminders

Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
What about creating a brainstorm on snooze? i.e. to have selectable duration (i setted 7 minutes an all my watches that let me do so) and to have the chance to cancel the snooze without waiting its triggering... It had been filed a bug answered as worksforme but I don't agree. All in all it is a feature present from years also on S40

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ gbg.se
A bit off topic, but what about shaking the device to snooze? Trying to understand early in the morning what the device wants by doing the noise it does is not always easy... Even worse is having to open your eyes and actually try to understand which button to press.

Just shaking it to kill the damn thing is quite intuitive though..

The Following User Says Thank You to nymajoak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 41 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Zürich, Switzerland
@nymajoak: just turn it, and it will snooze ...

Felix Rohrbach
Twitter | LinkedIn | Xing | facebook

Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
I copy and paste a brief discussion omitting relevant personal data happened on bugzilla about snoozing...

Opened by *** (reporter) 2009-12-16 13:32:03 GMT+3

SOFTWARE VERSION:
1.2009.42-11

EXACT STEPS LEADING TO PROBLEM:
(Explain in detail what you do (e.g. tap on OK) and what you see (e.g. message Connection Failed appears))
1. Create repeating alarm (for example monday to friday, 07:00)
2. In the morning accidentally press Snooze, instead of Stop
3. Cannot cancel the snooze (or cannot find a way to do that)

EXPECTED OUTCOME:
Have a way to cancel snooze operation before it will alarm without deleting repeating alarm.

ACTUAL OUTCOME:
Have to wait 10 minutes to cancel snooze alarm.

REPRODUCIBILITY:
always

Comment #1 from *** (maemo.org) 2009-12-16 16:48:30 GMT+3

Does disabling the alarm from the lists of alarms work?

Comment #2 from *** (reporter) 2009-12-16 17:50:07 GMT+3

Actually yes, it does. It is not intuitive but works.

Comment #3 from *** (maemo.org) 2009-12-16 18:00:34 GMT+3

Yeah, asking because that's what I do in the morning.
So if you want some changes here in the User Interface, please take a look at http://maemo.org/community/brainstorm/ .

Comment #4 from *** (myself) 2009-12-17 21:51:47 GMT+3
Sorry, but I didn't understand what do you mean by disabling the alarm. If I disable a repeating alarm is for example if I go holyday and don't want' to be waken up in the morning.
IMHO when a snooze is triggered on a repeating alarm, a new alarm (as it really is) should appear in the alarm list and that one should be canceled. The orginal repeating alarm makes a life of its own, I know it will wake me every morning and I don't care anymore about that. I don't think it is only a matter of user interface - disable means disable, it is not a meaning of intuiveness or counter-intuitiveness, so IMHO it should be considered a bug and not a brainstorm.
If the snooze is triggered on a single shot alarm, when I list the alarms it should be listed with the new due time and not the old one, and the fact that the original time is shown should be considered a bug, too. On this aspect, I just described exactly the way it works also an my old series 40 phone (that I am still using for true works, knowing the fact that Maemo is still an experimental platform )

Comment #5 from *** (maemo.org) 2009-12-17 23:11:09 GMT+3

Hmm, good point actually. I don't use alarms with a recurrence here and hadn't thought about it. Feel free to propose your idea and solution(s) in maemo.org Brainstorm.
Is there anybody who already have experience in brainstorm to create a proposal on snoozing? Or is there anybody who knows lf Nokia is perhaps already improving it in future firmware versions?

The Following User Says Thank You to jurop88 For This Useful Post: