Notices

I downloaded and installed Easy Debian. Open Office on the N900 is kind of crazy awesome. But where is the Gimp? I have read that it is included, and when I search in Synaptic it indicates it is installed. So, how do I open it?
Big apologies if this is a dumb question.

You should have an icon for 'Debian LXDE' - click on this and it'll load a more usable (for GIMP) window manager.
Gimp should be in the menu there.

In the footlocker in the basement.......duh.

The Following User Says Thank You to jnack95 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by codeMonkey View Post
You should have an icon for 'Debian LXDE' - click on this and it'll load a more usable (for GIMP) window manager.
Gimp should be in the menu there.
I thought I had scoured the menus already, going over them again I found it. Thanks, and apologies for the stoopid.

Last edited by lancewex; 2010-03-11 at 14:30.

I am trying to have a direct access to gimp without having to load the window manager. Why is this already done for ooo but not for the gimp? (I mean, is there a special reason??)

Ok it has to be said..... Bring out the GIMP.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Munich or Luxembourg
Originally Posted by petrelli View Post
I am trying to have a direct access to gimp without having to load the window manager. Why is this already done for ooo but not for the gimp? (I mean, is there a special reason??)
Yes, GIMP uses more windows, that are all opened at the same time, one next/over the other. That's not possible with the normal window-manager of Maemo

The Following User Says Thank You to Scharel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Scharel View Post
Yes, GIMP uses more windows, that are all opened at the same time, one next/over the other. That's not possible with the normal window-manager of Maemo
But if you run the "debbie gimp" from the terminal or from the desktop shortcut it runs ok. I'm just asking why the desktop shortcut is not already done as in the case of ooo (not because users cannot do this, but to see if there is a special reason not to include this "feature", since it is trivial to do)

The Following User Says Thank You to petrelli For This Useful Post:
Using Gimp with the normal n900 window-manager makes some of the menu options that bring up dialogs unusable because you can't move them around, so you can't exit them.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Munich or Luxembourg
Originally Posted by petrelli View Post
But if you run the "debbie gimp" from the terminal or from the desktop shortcut it runs ok.
cool, I didn't knew that yet