Active Topics

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ India
N900's graphics processor is compared with other mobiles like iphone,nexusone,samsung wave etc see this = http://blog.gsmarena.com/quick-mobil...ce-comparison/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to plaban For This Useful Post:
Samsung Wave and I9000 Galaxy has graphics processor which is more than 6 times faster than N900's.

good read thanks mate

Look how fast technology is improving

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Well these are row numbers which don't actually mean faster. For instance the 3GS uses twice as fast as N900's GPU but it runs on half its intended frequency to save precious battery and is actually a little slower...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Any PC gamer knows the video card is the first thing to become obsolete

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Testing methodology failure.

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
For instance the 3GS uses twice as fast as N900's GPU but it runs on half its intended frequency to save precious battery and is actually a little slower...
I've heard this a number of times (all of them here), but there are no definitive sources about this. Even if it were true (which at this point I doubt), how do we know games do not change its operating frequency?

Last edited by javispedro; 2010-03-26 at 19:17.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
men, i cant catch up on the speed of n900, and this is telling me that there's many out there that are much faster?.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Content is key...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Interesting little article on GPUs, but I must agree with Bundyo. Even if there is no definitive source to validate his comment, straight stats mean nothing.

I would love to see if someone can get us some fps outputs. Only problem is how many people have access to all these phones for graphics testing. Let alone is there any software that is common to all these phones? I know Doom is on the iPhone and the N900.

Overall gabby131 makes a great point. I am never waiting for the N900. I love it.