I want to connect my phone to my computer through bluetooth, but my computer doesn't have any way of recognizing it. Is there any way to connect my n810 to my computer, then connect my phone to my n810 through bluetooth, and have it work with the computer? There's a program called QPST so I can use mp3s as ringtones on my phone. Any ideas?

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Yes and No. What is your phone? I would recommend buying a bluetooth USB adapter. Cheep, like $10, and use full. You could just use bluetooth FTP, and send the MP3's from your N810 to your phone, if the phone supports the FTP profile.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

www.ledshoppe.com has cheap bluetooth dongles.

i bought a couple from them, didn't have any problems (even though their website does seem kinda iffy)

free shipping too

I have a samsung sway, and the reason i have to go through my computer is that the only way to have this phone play mp3s as ringtones is by putting the mp3s in root and this program is the only known method of accessing root on this phone.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
it would not surprise me if the operator have turned of some bluetooth feature or other.

looking here, it supposedly only support object push:
http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=1653

and even then its hard to tell exactly what objects it may accept...

Last edited by tso; 2008-12-20 at 21:22.

I've connected my phone to my n810 before, just doing the bluetooth tethering.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Your computer must have BlueTooth. For example a USB BlueTooth addon. These are very cheap. A laptop might or might not have BlueTooth by default. By default, BlueTooth is usually off. You have to put BlueTooth on at your phone, and then pair with your computer. Your BlueTooth on your phone might be hidden. You have to make it (temporary) visible so your computer can pair with your phone. At this point you might want to check out your phone manual to figure out how to enable BlueTooth. And if you ask here further, the details of your phone model might be useful for others to help you.

Originally Posted by tron View Post
I've connected my phone to my n810 before, just doing the bluetooth tethering.
i see the phone have DUN support, so tethering would work.

but have you tried to send a random file from the N810 to the phone at any point?

i suspect it will fail, as verizon (it seems they are selling the sway) may have blocked the push profile from accepting anything but contacts and similar.

they have a history of doing this kind of thing btw...

Originally Posted by tso View Post
i suspect it will fail, as verizon (it seems they are selling the sway) may have blocked the push profile from accepting anything but contacts and similar.
yes, but i'm not trying to send files from my n810 to my phone. i'd just be using my n810 as a bluetooth adapter.

that would probably be a waste of time, as bluetooth dont work that way...

Tags
blue, n810, nokia, phone, tooth