Active Topics

Notices

I have a german Vodafone Card. The Vodafone documentation says, with

**21*number#

I can set up a call forwarding. When I try this code with "USSD for All", I get this Information: "Error: Timeout. Modem didn't reply".

I get this message for every code, I try (for example "Status check" and so on).

Any idea?

Last edited by Acurus_; 2012-07-29 at 12:20.

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Yes, forget about USSD for all, I also could not get it working.

I just released a package (sim-switcher, not yet in repos), where I use automatic script-based call forwarding.
Sth like that:
Code:
/usr/bin/dbus-send --system --print-reply --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.csd.SS /com/nokia/csd/ss com.nokia.csd.SS.DivertActivate uint32:CODE string:"INTL_NUMBER" uint32:
See the phone control wiki for more details. Or come back here ...

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2012-07-29 at 09:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Thanks. When I understand it right, your posted string could work with Vodafone? Because I do not see that special Vodafone code (**21*number#) inside your string.

When it should work, is it possible to put this string in a Widget?

And is this the string, to cancel the activated forwarding?

Code:
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.csd.SS /com/nokia/csd/ss com.nokia.csd.SS.DivertCancel uint32:1 string: uint32:

Last edited by Acurus_; 2012-07-29 at 09:28.

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

My posted code(s) will work with every GSM network (especially tested with VF DE ).

Just put it into DCE or Beacon or desktop.

And the above code will deactivate the call forwarding for unconditonal forwarding (all calls). Be careful to not mix that with other forwardings (will not work).

The wiki has all condition codes (GSM **21*... is dbus 1 is unconditional).

Okay Here are two different strings for "Forward all ('unconditional') calls". Two questions:

1. Which one I shall use?

2. Inside the strings are " before and after the number. Do the " have to be used inside the string?

Last edited by Acurus_; 2012-07-29 at 10:19.

Originally Posted by Acurus_ View Post
I have a german Vodafone Card. The Vodafone documentation says, with

**21*number#

I can set up a call forwarding. When I try this code with "USSD for All", I get this Information: "Error: Timeout. Modem didn't reply".

I get this message for every code, I try (for example "Status check" and so on).

Any idea?
I think the problem is these codes for diverting calls, etc. are not actually USSD queries.

It would be nice if USSD for All could recognize them and make the appropriate Dbus calls.

@acurus_
First:
it doesnt' matter, both do the same. Where I see the '1' as more official, even there is no documentation, just testing.
Second:
Yes, the "" are needed.

@gings
These diverting codes are standard GSM codes.
Where as USSD codes are supplementary, aiui.

And my assumption about 'USSD for all' not working is PR1.3 and starhash-enabler replacing this functionality. Just a guess, but I did a lot of testing with USSD for all and hex-editing and so, but to no avail.

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Thanks again. Now I will try that monster BeeCon for using the strings. But that is another story ....

It is working!!!!! I have set up two buttons with BeeCon. The fist one is forwarding every call to another telephone number:

Code:
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.csd.SS /com/nokia/csd/ss com.nokia.csd.SS.DivertActivate uint32:1 string:"+12223456789" uint32:
The second one stopps the forwarding:

Code:
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.csd.SS /com/nokia/csd/ss com.nokia.csd.SS.DivertCancel uint32:1 string: uint32:

Last edited by Acurus_; 2012-07-29 at 12:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to Acurus_ For This Useful Post: