Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
my microphone suddenly stopped working , i just received a call 10 mint before , it was working fine then , but right now it is not working as my friend could not hear my voice :$
is there any recorder thingy in n900 to check ?

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
p.s headphone's mic is working fine :$

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
you could install recaller to check

Are you sure that the microphone isnt working? Since that call, have you restarted the phone and tried a call with someone else?

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

I had this problem two days ago. Microphone was not getting any input and the other end of the phone call couldn't hear anything. Pressing the phone's numbers did send DTFM-tones over though.

After I rebooted, mic was working again.

Then it happened second time yesterday. I noticed VUmeter didn't get any input from microphone. Also myDicto recorded only silence. Rebooting fixed the system again and I got mic working.

Because rebooting fixes the problem, could this be some kind of software bug? I haven't had problems before though and I try to remember what applications I have installed during this week when the problems started. QRadio is the only one I remember, but it shouldn't have anything to do with a mic, although pulseaudio issues come to my mind.

Any ideas and have others noticed microphone going dead sometimes and rebooting to fix it?

Edit:
Well, that was it. I started Qradio (without having anything blugged as a antenna), quit Qradio. After this micrphone is dead.

Last edited by zimon; 2011-01-16 at 00:43.

Originally Posted by zimon View Post
I had this problem two days ago. Microphone was not getting any input and the other end of the phone call couldn't hear anything. Pressing the phone's numbers did send DTFM-tones over though.

After I rebooted, mic was working again.

Then it happened second time yesterday. I noticed VUmeter didn't get any input from microphone. Also myDicto recorded only silence. Rebooting fixed the system again and I got mic working.

Because rebooting fixes the problem, could this be some kind of software bug? I haven't had problems before though and I try to remember what applications I have installed during this week when the problems started. QRadio is the only one I remember, but it shouldn't have anything to do with a mic, although pulseaudio issues come to my mind.

Any ideas and have others noticed microphone going dead sometimes and rebooting to fix it?

Edit:
Well, that was it. I started Qradio (without having anything blugged as a antenna), quit Qradio. After this micrphone is dead.
The same problem here with qradio.

Same here with qradio..

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
Count another one here