Active Topics

As soon as I switch my data connection from 3G to the WiFi router at my house, my bluetooth headset disconnects, and stays disconnected till I switch connections back to 3G.

Weird...

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
i don't have a bluetooth headset....

but afaik the wifi and bluetooth is one single chip which could cause problems if you want to use both functions.

EDIT: there seem to be some problems with bluetooth -> http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...bluetooth+wifi

Last edited by b666m; 2010-02-03 at 23:45.

Not weird, some router 802.11b have a known problem to interfere with bluetooth since both of them are using the same freq 2.4Ghz

As b666m said, bluetooth and WiFi are controled by the same component in N900. Also they are using the same antenna in phone. That`s the case in most Nokia phones.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Please edit the summary to be useful as "this" is not a proper description of your problem. ;-)

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
Please edit the summary to be useful as "this" is not a proper description of your problem.
Thread title expanded.

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Pennsylvania, US
Try to enable bluetooth coexistence mode on the WiFi chip...

In x-term:
Code:
sudo gainroot
echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/wl12xx/bt_coex_mode
This will have to be redone after each reboot of the device, if you find it to be a successful fix.

Update:
This (at least under some circumstances) gets set to 2 by default periodically, when BT and WLAN are both used. 0 = off, 1 = on, 2 = monoaudio. If you manually override, it's very possible your value will get changed by even before a reboot. I'm going to peek at the wl12xx sources to try to determine what exactly monoaudio mode does compared to just a value of on.

Update 2:
The difference between 1 (on) and 2 (monoaudio) is the wake up interval - for monoaudio, it is 5800ms longer (on is 500ms). The wake up interval appears to be a worst case value, and the BT radio should be given permission to transmit prior to that time when possible.

Last edited by rewt; 2010-02-04 at 23:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to rewt For This Useful Post:
I have the same problem with my Nokia N900. Everytime I turn wifi on and start going to a website, my bluetooth headset automatically disconnects for a little bit and then reconnects. I had an htc phone and it would do the same thing. Not sure what the problem is, but I have asked several people and no one seems to know the answer to it.

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by jt777 View Post
I have the same problem with my Nokia N900. Everytime I turn wifi on and start going to a website, my bluetooth headset automatically disconnects for a little bit and then reconnects. I had an htc phone and it would do the same thing. Not sure what the problem is, but I have asked several people and no one seems to know the answer to it.
But the "problem" has already been explained above.

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

Bluetooth uses the same frequency as wifi. Try changing the channel on your router. If you cannot do so then you SOL. I had the same issue at work, but when I came home it worked fine. Difference was that at my work place there were several Access Points that had channels probably overlaping with the bluetooth.

So try changing the channels. I recommend channel 11 on the router. In the shell I had a ping running to google.com. When I hit a channel that gave me the lowest ping and the least packet loss, I left it at those settings.

To verify that the problem was resolved, I simply played an mp3 on the N900 that was streaming to my headset and then I started websurfing, youtube and so on. All the while that my skype was connected as well.

I have the N900 with PR 1.3. I actually put the power kernel on it. My N900 is overclocked at 850. Everything is super snappy... !

Love this phone... am really looking forward to Nokia's Microsoft venture. Hoepfully it will bring out something new.

- H